Your Achievements

Stephen Blair

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What makes me proud to be me? I'm a loyal friend, an honest businesswoman, and I climb like someone light a fire under my bum. ;)

Five years ago I was spending my time sat in an office. Then my other half, a tree botherer of great skill, got cancer and left for another world. He left me a broken heart, a mortgage, a chipper, van, four saws and some loyal friends in the business. So it was lose the house or run the business. I ran the business, watched people climb and listened intently. Now I run a rather successful little business and the trees other climbers chicken out of, I do. I'm in the third year of the FdSc Arb Online and I have a fiance who was a PE teacher...now he's budding arboriculturalist, climbing like I light a fire under his bum.

What makes me proud about this? I could have given in, I could have gone under, but I loved a man who in his last days of fighting gave me the inspiration to continue his business in his name, and friends with over 20years worth of experience who I now consider as family. I could have been bitter, I could've lost the ability to love. But I found a man I was happy to share these achievements with and who is able to understand why the busness is in another mans name.

And, I hate to say it, but I'm a girl in a male dominated world. When they turn round and go 'what? you? the climber?' I show them what I have learnt, what I can do and they respect me & trust that I will never let them down as an arboriculturalist.

So, I am very, very proud of those I have known, those I know, this industry and myself.

I may be in spout-y mode as its late on a saturday night and I've been looking at survey schedules. Sorry! ;)

What makes me proud to be me? I'm a loyal friend, an honest businesswoman, and I climb like someone light a fire under my bum. ;)

Five years ago I was spending my time sat in an office. Then my other half, a tree botherer of great skill, got cancer and left for another world. He left me a broken heart, a mortgage, a chipper, van, four saws and some loyal friends in the business. So it was lose the house or run the business. I ran the business, watched people climb and listened intently. Now I run a rather successful little business and the trees other climbers chicken out of, I do. I'm in the third year of the FdSc Arb Online and I have a fiance who was a PE teacher...now he's budding arboriculturalist, climbing like I light a fire under his bum.

What makes me proud about this? I could have given in, I could have gone under, but I loved a man who in his last days of fighting gave me the inspiration to continue his business in his name, and friends with over 20years worth of experience who I now consider as family. I could have been bitter, I could've lost the ability to love. But I found a man I was happy to share these achievements with and who is able to understand why the busness is in another mans name.

And, I hate to say it, but I'm a girl in a male dominated world. When they turn round and go 'what? you? the climber?' I show them what I have learnt, what I can do and they respect me & trust that I will never let them down as an arboriculturalist.

So, I am very, very proud of those I have known, those I know, this industry and myself.

I may be in spout-y mode as its late on a saturday night and I've been looking at survey schedules. Sorry! ;)

Inspiring Ginja

faced with a similar situation, I would like to think I'd have the type of courage that you obviously posses. Not so sure I would though. Guess one only finds out when placed in the firing line & have to make the decision.

good on ya :thumbup1:

WOW!!!

You are proud with good reason!!!:thumbup1:

Welcome to the forum:001_smile:

Some people curl up in a corner and give up, others face adversity with great energy and positivity, a very impressive story. Welcome to arbtalk and a very, very big Re-spect yah!:thumbup:

Ginja, I can only echo others comments, truly inspirational. Many of us complain and grizzle about the unfairness of life, how we get dealt a short hand, your story puts it all in perspective. Thanks for sharing, welcome to the forum, and best of luck for the future.:thumbup1: