Stihl MS 201T Press Release

Steve Bullman

I had a play with one and thought it was light nice in hand and best of all new. To be honest I haven't a lot of experience of top handles, but have worked with a 200.

Wouldn't want to buy a 200 just because some people don't like the change thing, and post bad comments because they heard from man that heard man the the 201 is dung.

Sent from my aye phone using Tapatalk

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a play with one and thought it was light nice in hand and best of all new. To be honest I haven't a lot of experience of top handles, but have worked with a 200.

Wouldn't want to buy a 200 just because some people don't like the change thing, and post bad comments because they heard from man that heard man the the 201 is dung.

Sent from my aye phone using Tapatalk

its not because some people dont like change,its because some people dont like the saw! some will love it some will hate it,i dont like it.Happy??

what a load of utter rubbish, I love the new saw and feel it is an improvement.

a couple of issues are to be expected with a few saws early on, just teething problems that one should be able to sort yourself, tuning we all tune our saws at least twice a year dont we? summer winter?

writing them off cos you bought a slightly sus one (maybe carbs again?) is just daft, what you going to do, go to screwfix and by an alternative! nah didnt think so, still the best saws on the planet.

Cant agree, my dad (used to be a mechanic at a saw dealers) tried tuning the saw, then it went back to one of the main dealers and their experts tuned it, still has no poke:thumbdown:

Cant agree, my dad (used to be a mechanic at a saw dealers) tried tuning the saw, then it went back to one of the main dealers and their experts tuned it, still has no poke:thumbdown:

I've had many 020t's and 200t's over the years, the two I had prier to the one I'm currently using both had to have new carbs fitted within a week of getting them.

There will always be a problem with a small % of new saws, but they are under warranty so should be sorted without issue :001_smile:

Do you mean you dislike the way yours is running, or do you just dislike it completely???

i used one for a week and did not like (IMO) the lack of power,used acouple of others since and found the same. seems like a well put together saw but just not right. would like to try a modded one,sounds encouraging,will quite happily eat my words if improvements are there.

I can remember all the old school refusing to buy the 020 in it's almost current guise when it first came out... Too light made from plastic and too underpowered ... Only problem I can remember was the exhaust broke... A lot!!! And the air filter cover fell off both now sorted apart from the crap carbs and awful AV's they are a good saw massive improvment on the ali 020's but the fact stihl seem to go with cheap carbs on all there gear puts me off the 201 .... I'm waiting for the new husky but maybe like after the 335's debut I'll be eating my words!!