Survey on stress

boabab

Hi! My name is Sebastian. I'm studying in a school in Sweden to become an arborist. I have an assignment to interview employees and employers working as arborists on the topic stress. I would be glad if you could help me out by answering some questions. Thanks.

EMPLOYEES

-What task brings about a higher level of stress?

-How does the level of stress affect the employees possibilities to carry out his tasks?

-In what ways does this affect the employees health?

-Own strategies to handle stress?

-Does the stress experience as a problem?

EMPLOYER

-Is there a awareness of what tasks results in a higher level of stress?

-What tasks result in negativ stress for the employer?

-Strategies to reduce stress for both parts?

-Experienced conseqvenses of harmful stress for the employer/employee?

You can write what you want and how little you like. thanks again!

Being inexperienced is stressful then it eases as confidence is gained. In my opinion an inexperienced person will be more likely to get stressed when roping down large sections for example; whereas a more experienced climber will be relaxed because he/she is familiar with the sensation of lowering big stuff and being shook around a little.

I get stressed because I never seem to get time off.

6.30am straight out of bed and load truck up whilst kettle boils, make flask and sandwiches.

7.45 off to work, listen to "while your here can you just" all day and answer phone whilst 45ft up.

3-4pm come home, groundy gets off, I unload and set off down the wood to tip.

5pm ish look at calls and go out pricing jobs get home about 7pm and start working on house till 10pm

Go to bed, get up in morning for cycle to begin again.

Late calls, why do people think they can flipping phone you at 10pm or even after 7pm :mad1: Had one last night at 9.45 and tonight I've just taken another call.

...and most wait till friday when you are just beginning to try and wind down.

... and what stresses me most is dealing with toss pots at call centres trying to get a leccy shutdown !!! aarrrggghgh:mad1:

Way I deal with it?

Wait till someone leaves my gates open in the wood and grab them by the throat, lift them off their feet and wait till they turn blue then let go.

Or, strap two pillars round your head and run round the garden screaming as loud as you can, no-one hears you but it releases that tension.

Best way to release stress without you realising is to be vocal when your driving, just moan and complain about everything and everybody and call other drivers all the names under the sun, fit one of the electronic machine gun sounds things to your steering wheel so you can press a button and machine gun them.

"What love" ?

"OK love"!

Have to go chaps, wife wants to lock me in my padded cell, it's that time of day.

Running a buisnees can be amazingly stressfull. Quoting, paperwork, logistics and balancing the books, chasing debts- it drives me to the point of crisis and insanity.

Then I actually get to the job, put my kit on and climb. The stress - even of the worst trees just melts away- to use a clique - "I live to climb and climb to live"

Running a buisnees can be amazingly stressfull. Quoting, paperwork, logistics and balancing the books, chasing debts- it drives me to the point of crisis and insanity.

Then I actually get to the job, put my kit on and climb. The stress - even of the worst trees just melts away- to use a clique - "I live to climb and climb to live"

i was gonna reply earlier but petes summed it up ..