yale poison ivy

Dilz

time for new kit including a new rope, have used XTC for ever, bar a short stint on a cheap marlow rope, fancy a change, like the look and spec of the Poison ivy, any one had any experience with this? also toying with the idea of a spider jack.....but love my hitch climbers :thumbup:

its the thickness of it that appeals, i played on my mates blaze and hated it! also the weight is one of the reasons i'm not going for the xtc again even though i think its an awesome rope, too many plane rides where every gram counts, though the rapid shortening of my current xtc is solving that problem (keep gaffing my bloody line - which is what has almost won me over to buying a tree motion with the nifty way you can clip a crab on to the leg pad and run the rope through that)

i cant comment on the rope but will be watching this thread closely as its that time for me as well

as for the brief mention about the treemotion, go for it bro, best i've used and even if by some chance you dont like it/ get on with it you can sell it real easy

Good point, I was looking at a Pet' Sequoia as i know a lot of lads with em, and they are mighty cheaper than the Tree Motion, but cheap aint always best, I've priced it all up and left the spider jack alone for now, as i want an DMM impact block instead, those beauties look slick!! so my rope choice for now is going to be the poison ivy with OP though not sure if 10mm or 8mm would be best... any one used OP with the poison ivy?

same as james ive used a 8mm op on mine in a hitch climber set up used to use a vt but now a knut and love the knut more, i use a small anchor ring on the tail ends of my hitch to keep it all streamline it works a treat. with the rope i would say its a good idea to wash it abit i dont really wash any of my ropes but the poison ivy has a bit of a tendancy to gather dust and gunk and hold it but a good wash loosens it all up and makes it nice in the hand again.

at the mo 80% of my work is spruce and pine, no rope stays clean for long!! i use VT at the mo as i can tie it quick and like the way you can adjust its performance by changing the configuration, but planning on giving a knut ago just because it looks like it self tends really well, already have a hitch climber, investing in another for a second system when i have to climb on both ends of my rope. and coz the one i got just aint shiny enough no more ;)..Does the poison ivy need milking as much as the blaze?