To all you bosses - How much would you pay a day for a groundie?

button1803

If an acceptable living wage was paid to all workers, we wouldn't need anyone in this country to require benefits at all. If a sensible wage is paid, then more PAYE is taken, more NI is taken, but less is paid out, surely the country would actually get back up off its backside. Those who really need the money, elderly and real disabled, woudnt have to fight for every penny, as there would be more in the country's coffers.

:congrats: spot on

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So lets say yuour running a business with a truck, chipper, various saws, climbing gear, lowering gear,PPE,fuel, insurance and so on to pay along with the above...How are are you meant to pay an employed groundy £100 a day and stay in business...and live a decent quality of life...Whch is why we set up in business, to earn more than you do at Tesco's and buy nice things. Its hard times and everyones taken a hit with their earnings, just th way it is imo.

So you want a decent quality of life, but pay your grafters peanuts so they live like pesants:thumbdown:when you pay peanuts you get monkeys

So you want a decent quality of life, but pay your grafters peanuts so they live like pesants:thumbdown:when you pay peanuts you get monkeys

Yeah I pay groundies £60 a day...Like almost every other company out there, and i expect to make alot more from a day than them or all the extra hassle of running things would be for nothing. do you split everyting down the middle with your groundy?:confused1:

So lets say yuour running a business with a truck, chipper, various saws, climbing gear, lowering gear,PPE,fuel, insurance and so on to pay along with the above...How are are you meant to pay an employed groundy £100 a day and stay in business...and live a decent quality of life...Whch is why we set up in business, to earn more than you do at Tesco's and buy nice things. Its hard times and everyones taken a hit with their earnings, just th way it is imo.

I'd argue that the best invested a business can make is in its staff, certainly the way i feel is I havent got the newest biggest kit but i have the best bloke helping me

Yeah I pay groundies £60 a day...Like almost every other company out there, and i expect to make alot more from a day than them or all the extra hassle of running things would be for nothing. do you split everyting down the middle with your groundy?:confused1:

No i dont split everything down the middle with anyone who works for me and i've openly admitted in this thread that i pay 2 lads £60 a day to help me on the logs (unskilled) but to pay a man with tickets £60 a day is a piss take.

I know the value of a man.

I am one...after a fashion.

My associates are just as hard working and valueable as I.

I pay myself after business expenses the same as my 2 associates.

I work with excellent men.

I may generate business but my associates 'realise' it, or in plain English make it happen. Can't be doing with boss v worker issues..

So I don't employ. I 'associate'

3 individuals with their own tax liabilities.

I calculate what each job is worth after expenses and each associate recieves a 'credit'

This credit is paid by clients paying each in turn...get it?

So each of use may be worth €150-250 per day depending on the job.

Ty

I know the value of a man.

I am one...after a fashion.

My associates are just as hard working and valueable as I.

I pay myself after business expenses the same as my 2 associates.

I work with excellent men.

I may generate business but my associates 'realise' it, or in plain English make it happen. Can't be doing with boss v worker issues..

So I don't employ. I 'associate'

3 individuals with their own tax liabilities.

I calculate what each job is worth after expenses and each associate recieves a 'credit'

This credit is paid by clients paying each in turn...get it?

So each of use may be worth €150-250 per day depending on the job.

Ty

I like this ALOT!!

At the moment my overheads are rent, fuel, kit wear and cider. Im 18, I won't be able to live like this for much longer, and it could drive me out of the industry. You earn £120 a day as a painter using someone else's brushes round here! The lowest I have/will work for is £65 a day. Thats self employed as a subbie, but I have to be learning stuff from you and like you for that!

After a bit of a think I think i've come over a bit harshly in this thread and misrepresented my position. I have one trusted guy who i have known for most of my years, he's not very qualified but i'd happily leave him alone on site doing any job on the ground without worrying. ifhe grounds for me i want for nothing, everythings ready ahead of time and he's where he needs to be, any little accidents are dealt with swiftly and made good, we can communicate most thing without speaking etc etc. I pay him as much as i can within reason and worth every penny, and if anyone has the pleasure of similar services day to day they should too!:thumbup1: