Advice please

predator

I was thinking of getting a second hand strimmer as moneys tight out of work at the moment etc and would like some advice please i use a 25 cc

ryobi at the moment but the spool that holds the line is a pain it dont hold much and it aint thick enough for my uses etc

what i use it for is my garden borders approx 60ftx30ft and my front 2 front gardens and i have 2 neighbours who are pensioners i look after there lawns etc and also the odd job friends and family etc but dont get or exspect payment just all done with goodwill etc

i was thinking of buying a secondhand stihl from someone local tree surgeon etc what model should i go for as ebay is a mine field for me and dont want to part with my brass n buy the wrong thing etc

or should i just save my money up and buy a new one with that will take some line that will last a while as i would only say use it once a week or once every 2 weeks

How much have you got to spend? There's a number of different Japaneese makes who do good strimmers/brush cutters in the 40-45cc range, probably about £200-£250 new. They're well built and reliable.

The one I've got is a Daishin I think, with a Kawasaki th43 engine :001_cool:

If you can save your money buy a new model stihl or echo. Buying something used may or may not be a good idea. Best Regards

elg

i would like a stihl to be honest but what model would be best suited as parts etc for stihl are easy to sorce etc

i just not a clue with the numbers etc what they mean n such

If you can get over to burscough there is either ramages on the high street who sell husky and all manner of garden stuff and hardware.

Or t&h power who are a stihl dealer on the industrial estate. I go there for all my saw stuff and are a good group of guys, will advise you well on what's a good choice.

You won't go wrong with the strummer for sale here, I think we've got one actually. Plenty power and reliable enough, hardly had maintenance since we bought it.