Which saw?

Rich Price

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ms261 dont waste your cash,6 brand new ones bought by the company i sub for.

they are using these saws for foresrty and they are just not up to it,needle bearings keep going [plastic case]

i dont want to start stilh/husky war as i use both for different work

i swear by husky as a ground saw and use a 357 and 346 and the older 254 in the forestry at the moment and they blow the stilh out of the water

but as climbing saws go the 200t is without dout the best on the planet

my personal view :thumbup:

ms261 dont waste your cash,6 brand new ones bought by the company i sub for.

they are using these saws for foresrty and they are just not up to it,needle bearings keep going [plastic case]

The needel bearing in my 357xpg keep going. I do grease them too they just seem to break. I think i've put about 5 needle bearings in the dam thing in 3 years.

The needel bearing in my 357xpg keep going. I do grease them too they just seem to break. I think i've put about 5 needle bearings in the dam thing in 3 years.

never had a problem with the needle bearings in my 357/346,as they are metal in the husky,more like the back of the cluth drum,where the rim sprocket sits sometimes sheares off,but the saws are used hard in the foresrty :001_huh:

ps,i also grease mine and the guide bar,but had a the guide bar rim fall out on me yesterday:001_rolleyes:[end of bar]

At college we use ms261's and husky 346s with 15" bars. I personally profer stihls purly on the basis that I've used them more and am familiar servicing them. When I've worked with people outside of college I've normally been given an ms360, that would be my choice, far more grunt and the weight is not an issue.

Cheers you lot.

I'm massively impressed - 2 pages in 1 day. Nice one!

Looks like a toss up between Stihl 362 and 441 then.

I recognise the Husky v Stihl thing but there's a Stihl dealer just up the road plus it says Stihl on my gloves. My hat does have an H on it though. Is that allowed?

Thanks again.