How much tax do you pay?

button1803

everytime i see a waster walking down the road drinking skol i think 'i paid for that', the scrubbers in line outside the post office waiting to be handed the money i earned before they go in the pub/bookies and waste it. i don't get mad though, just biding my time till one of them jaywalks in my lane

Makes me laugh when the que outside the post office before it opens, they must think it's gonna run out of money:lol: Bet it's the only day they get up early :sneaky2:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Makes me laugh when the que outside the post office before it opens, they must think it's gonna run out of money:lol: Bet it's the only day they get up early :sneaky2:

that's the really sneaky ones who are up early mate, they leave the post office just in time to start their 'cash' day jobs!!!!!!!!!!!!

every day is double time to them :thumbdown:

Evading tax responsibilities is something a working person may do.

Freeloading however, is someting a person does if he doesnt work.

Two totally different beings IMO:sneaky2:

'Avoiding' tax is legal. 'Evading' tax is illegal.

'Freeloading' is something completely different and wasn't the subject of this thread.

Best wishes,

John Russell

'Avoiding' tax is legal. 'Evading' tax is illegal.

'Freeloading' is something completely different and wasn't the subject of this thread.

Best wishes,

John Russell

John, I think you may find neither avoiding, nor evading tax were the subject of the thread either!

My appologies if you thought I was having a go at you. That was not my intension, quite the opposite actually.

My point was that there seems to be many, many ways the working man is taxed on a whole already, but the freeloaders I was referring to contribute nothing and make a career out of feeding from the current system in this country. The two are in very different catagories to each other IMO, none more so than their work ethic.

As for the connection of my comment to the thread, I feel there are too many honest and straight up people worrying about their tax responsibilities, whereas, Im sure much more money is being thrown to those who never have any intension of working in the first place.

The difficulty in the justifiability of universal taxation and universal spending is that you have no control over what it's spent on. If you don't agree with the subsidisation of the can't work, won't work social underclass and you decide to withhold the tax it takes to support them, you face jail.

Additionally (and taking nothing away from the armed forces themselves, who follow the lead of the politicians), should you disagree with the wars in Iraq/Afghanistan, the same threat of jail falls on those who wish not to contribute.

It's a very difficult situation really. The irony of universal social care and a complete democracy is that virtually no one actually feels socially supported or adequately politically represented.

The difficulty in the justifiability of universal taxation and universal spending is that you have no control over what it's spent on. If you don't agree with the subsidisation of the can't work, won't work social underclass and you decide to withhold the tax it takes to support them, you face jail.

Additionally (and taking nothing away from the armed forces themselves, who follow the lead of the politicians), should you disagree with the wars in Iraq/Afghanistan, the same threat of jail falls on those who wish not to contribute.

It's a very difficult situation really. The irony of universal social care and a complete democracy is that virtually no one actually feels socially supported or adequately politically represented.

As Churchill said, "...democracy is the worst form of Government -- except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time.… ".

Best wishes.

John Russell

John - a very valid quote indeed.

The problem is that humans are fundamentally non-cooperative, and in most cases, we are complete idiots. For instance, any government, no matter how good they are in office, will find themselves unpopular eventually. Take Churchill as an example again, being ousted from office shortly after the end of the war.

Additionally, the democratic process and the main parties are largely controlled by the media. Tabloids such as the Sun have widely claimed to won or lost elections for the Tories or Labour. Given that the level of writing is at a 9 years olds reading level, I'm not sure that our politics being influenced by such material is a good thing.

Perhaps there should be a qualification to vote - if you are deemed to be a professional idiot then you should stay at home on Thursdays! :laugh1: