tree work on watchdog/rouge traders BBC 1 now!

showoffsummer

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I was horrifed really when i watched it as somebody who wants to get into arb im shocked there are people out there who are actually like that and currently working and getting the work and being paid that amount for it! is he insured,did he have any tickets at all? im not qaulified in any tree work as of yet and could do a better job and charge more reasonabley was he a *****?made me laugh when they approached the van and he told his misses it was rougue traders she soon dissapeared so was an obvious sign its not the first time he has overcharged and abused his line of work otherwise why hide?but i guess there are bad eggs in every line of work i just hope people like this are far and few between i guess anyone could get a tipper tranny and stick a few decal's on the side doesnt make them ligit does it :thumbdown:I have never seen anyone throw a saw like that before im suprised he managed to get it going again at all :lol:I like a bit of rouge trader's alway's makes me laugh

I've seen some real eye-openers in my time, bad practices worthy of such a programme. Not by people we perceive as "bad" but respected people in the trade. What is worse, someone who through his "ignorance" strives to make a living, albeit badly, or someone who knows better and is educated in modern practices, yet carries out equally "roguish" techniques? It seems many are quick to criticize, but how open would you be to scrutiny, esp if caught off-guard?

It appears many wish to free-climb to the top of their game, then encourage legislation to hamper those coming up behind them.

FTR I am not condoning bad practice, at any level.

If he gave a price to do the work and its accepted.......not legit? Yes he was expensive, he talked the work up, he one-handed a 200t, he trashed the brash in the truck (we always used to years ago) he had tantrums (I know some who do) slightly lacking in basic ppe (I know a lot who wear less!) and his facts werent strictly accurate.

Did he have PLI? they didnt say.... Did he have any tickets? They didnt say... at least he's working, and not scounging bennys

This is a wind up- yes?

:confused1:Shocking! I've never used a 020 on the ground, milled up in the van or miss-id a tree,:blushing:

the bloke's just a chancer, it happens across the bord, had a quote for my windows, not so long ago, already had a price from some local guys at just over 3g, but thought i'd try a big firm just to see what they came up with, first quote they gave me was £15.000,nealy chocked on my coffee buy the time i kicked him out the door, it was down to £5.000, makes you wonder how many people go for the first offer they get.

If he doesn't like the price get a second qutote, sure there's enougth tree firms out there.

Some people think that if they pay more they get a better job, certain companies charge premium prices and certain people pay premium prices. I wish I could do that, but there is still a recession of sorts, and I don't get the jobs if i charge too much.

Don't forget, they want to make good TV and if it ain't shocking it ain't good!

Also the TV crew would just say yes to anything and not question the prices, seeing as we're paying for it!!

Why should it be a wind-up? Its a discussion, and as such we are discussing a programme covering an element of our trade.

You have a point, I said to the missus that he is obviously a ***** but 400 quid to fell and take away those two connys whilst pricey is not criminal.

as for the two grand hedge we were shown no proof of that, as you say a hidden camera (and microphone) could make us all look bad.

however after all that he was a lying fat do as you likey.