post your motorbikes

WoodED

Dnepr 650 imported by Nevals of Hornsea and converted to LH side car.

Ukrainians copied it from BMW left behind after the war, hence the horizontal twin, and made it from what seems to be recycled tank metal!

The local bike shop had an old boy with a dry sense of humour. Took it for a brake test on the MOT came back and asked me

"'Ow many 'osses is it"

I said "It says it has 35 hp in the book"

He says " Well I reckon about 30 of them are dead mate!"

Numberplate probably worth more than the bike, Airedale centre of attention when parked in the high street and the whole outfit seems to be the complete antidote to road rage.

For those of you who have not ridden a combination, first ride you will find (with a left hand sidecar) right hand bends "Interesting" in that you tend to understeer into the hedge, and left hand bends are more interesting as the side car becomes airborne very easily complete with panic stricken passenger!

Pure class!!!:thumbup:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Finally got round to doing an event on the little AJP - Buzzsurgeon and I rode Ryedale Rally last weekend and it was ace. We've ridden it the previous two years but this year was by far the best yet.

Got eaten alive down the fireroads again (topped out at 63mph - feel the power!) but made the most of it in the woods, especially after the thunderstorms we had at 4am the saturday morning. Unlike many of the "proper" bikes, mine's got built in traction control. Well I think it must do as you can ride it flat out everywhere and it never seems to get out of shape :biggrin: Might be somethign to do with the fire breathing 200 aircooled 4 stroke lump....

Battery mysteriously decided to stop holding charge part way through saturday and finally died on the lead up to the final special test but managed to blag a lithium battery off another rider ready for Sunday and other than falling off in the last test, it all went well.

Buzzsurgeon managed 54th out of 204 overall on his 390 husaberg, my dropping a test put me miles behind, but (yeah yeah, I know if's and but's don't count) even with crashing mid test, if I'd got that final test in on saturday and been no quicker than previous I'd have taken third in the trail class and about 60th overall :bawling:

No action shots as yet so this'll have to do for the mo :thumbup1:

19467473102_7d979f8d7e_o.jpg.73da267384e5463862b3c718c648c806.jpg

Finally got round to doing an event on the little AJP - Buzzsurgeon and I rode Ryedale Rally last weekend and it was ace. We've ridden it the previous two years but this year was by far the best yet.

Got eaten alive down the fireroads again (topped out at 63mph - feel the power!) but made the most of it in the woods, especially after the thunderstorms we had at 4am the saturday morning. Unlike many of the "proper" bikes, mine's got built in traction control. Well I think it must do as you can ride it flat out everywhere and it never seems to get out of shape :biggrin: Might be somethign to do with the fire breathing 200 aircooled 4 stroke lump....

Battery mysteriously decided to stop holding charge part way through saturday and finally died on the lead up to the final special test but managed to blag a lithium battery off another rider ready for Sunday and other than falling off in the last test, it all went well.

Buzzsurgeon managed 54th out of 204 overall on his 390 husaberg, my dropping a test put me miles behind, but (yeah yeah, I know if's and but's don't count) even with crashing mid test, if I'd got that final test in on saturday and been no quicker than previous I'd have taken third in the trail class and about 60th overall :bawling:

No action shots as yet so this'll have to do for the mo :thumbup1:

Them little AJPs do look fun, seeing more and more on the enduro / long distance trial scene

• 2 weeks later...