post your motorbikes

WoodED

The xr range were in fact enduro bikes, but due to their softish nature got adopted as good trail bikes, they were fazed out by the watercooled bikes.

After a quick google it turns out you're right! I would put an xr as half enduro half trail, it's doesn't quite fit in but it works.

I keep looking at Husqvarna Te's, I've been very tempted by a few TE310 bikes I've seen about. Anybody got one on here??

After a quick google it turns out you're right! I would put an xr as half enduro half trail, it's doesn't quite fit in but it works.

I keep looking at Husqvarna Te's, I've been very tempted by a few TE310 bikes I've seen about. Anybody got one on here??

I agree mate,the xr's are a good woods weapon, but overall more suited to trail riding, more so nowadays with these new fangled super fast bikes about.

A mate of mine has the te 450, or something like that, on a 2010, very nice bike, but Husky are a bit unpredictable as a company,& the older ones are a bit,erm, fragile!:biggrin:

If you want a good cheap fast bike, you could look at Yammy wr 426, or the 450, but avoid the 2003-2004 ones( first of the 450's).

The 426, I have one, are a sharper handling machine than the 450, & can be got for about £1500, the 450 is more powerful,having a longer stroke engine, but a bit wide & lardy feeling for serious enduro.

They are a good reliable bike compared to some of the exotic european fare.:001_smile:

Not that I'm pedantic or anything :biggrin: but the XR is closer to a trail bike, the four stroke CR's are just CRF's and the Enduro is a CRF-X. Which is what mine is. I do love an XR though, bulletproof Honda unlike some of the more modern Honda stuff....:thumbdown:

The xr range were in fact enduro bikes, but due to their softish nature got adopted as good trail bikes, they were fazed out by the watercooled bikes.

I'm with Geoff on this one :thumbup1:

The original 200 (up to late 80's) is held in high regard by lots of people, the pre XR400 era 250 was just never quite competetive enough for the fast guys without a lot of work and the 600 was never going to hang with an LC4 KTM.

Later on, the 400 (and the newly facelifted but still old fashined 250) was pretty much outdated by the time it was launched - Yamaha WR400 put paid to that!

But, I'd still like an XR400 or XR600 for going rallying on :thumbup1:

Heres mine a Yamaha ttr 250 ! On Dartmoor ( not recently though !)

Nice looking bike :thumbup1:

Always fancied a TE, but what aways put's me off is the amount of them you see on ebay needing top end work (though they are mostly 90's/early 2000's I've been looking at).

Edited by Chris Sheppard