post your motorbikes

WoodED

So it wasn't you bought tha enduroised one off ebay a few weeks ago then Geoff :biggrin:

I think deep down, everyone wants a CR 500, they just don't always know it :lol:

I was looking at it, they are a pussy cat to ride, no frantic gear changes, or power band as such, just a heavy seamless run of torque that overwhelms your mind if you open it up, at any revs, they peak in both power & torque at about 6000rpm.

If you double up on the base gasket they soften a bit, & will rev out higher, (with a wiseco piston for lightness).

I did a lot of enduros on mine like this, but felled more trees racing than I did in the day job!:blushing::laugh1:

I was looking at it, they are a pussy cat to ride, no frantic gear changes, or power band as such, just a heavy seamless run of torque that overwhelms your mind if you open it up, at any revs, they peak in both power & torque at about 6000rpm.

If you double up on the base gasket they soften a bit, & will rev out higher, (with a wiseco piston for lightness).

I did a lot of enduros on mine like this, but felled more trees racing than I did in the day job!:blushing::laugh1:

It's a bike I'd like to own one day. If my previous ride out's anything to go by though it sounds like I'd be doing just as much fellign with it :001_smile: My little XR got the better of me :blushing:

Pussy cat's a term I've heard used to describe another bike recently too - 89 KTM 600 GS. I've never ridden owt like it. :thumbup1: Hopefully the member who's just bought it will be along with pics before too long.

I used to race one, wish I never sold it but hey ho....it was a great bike in the Weston beach race, power everywhere, & the speed down the straight was just outrageous with tall gearing.

It is a dream bike for me to get another, but the right one will pop up.:001_smile:

you must be fit as a fiddle to race one especially on sand as well, you got any pics? i know that i couldn't manage one round a track, arm pump straight away :lol:

Timber wolf, that's some crazy speeds !!!!! Did you do the work yourself?:001_smile:

Hi

Better off the roads at those speeds me thinks.

I like to do all the work myself as there would be no point in my head just paying someone to do it all for me.

It's the way I chill out in the evening with a sense of achievement at the end.