Heads Up - Kit being stolen to order in South West

TimberCutterDartmoor

had something like this happen to me in january , the plob knew who it was when i gave them the vehicle details but refused to pop round and see the guy , when it was explained to the copper that if they return they will be bighing off way more than they can chew the copper told me that then i would be breaking the law !!!!!

IMO the police are a service not a force! :angry:

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

personally i have no time for the plod - its all good when they are pulling you for having a brake light out or because you have no numberplate on your trailer - this brings in revenue by way of fines , personally i would rather they were spending a bit more time stopping crime as apposed to advising on how to "try and keep the tools of your trade safe "

NO they are just traying to stay a live

BBC News - Real IRA makes threat to PSNI officers in statement

We're not in your neck of the woods mate. Cornwall & Hertfordshire are very different from Northern Ireland. I respect the job they do there but where I am they don't seem to have a pair of balls to rub together between the lot of them.

Sounds like the police are at the least understanding and useless at the same time. I believe most of this stolen kit is ending up in eastern europe or china, I hate to say that but since there is no real punishment and the return on investment is hard cash i would be very surprised if I am wrong.

I believe most of this stolen kit is ending up in eastern europe or china, .

I agree I saw a programe a few months back. Alot of the big sites here in England are targetted by major crime organisations and its a multi million pound industry. alot of the time the scum that steal it are the smallest part of it.

NO they are just traying to stay a live

BBC News - Real IRA makes threat to PSNI officers in statement

Maybe where you live.....down here I saw a fight in truro, about 200 yds from the multi storey police station (Truro is the county town/ city for cornwall) and I knocked on the door....to no avail. There was a notice saying closed after 6pm. So i eventually rang a central switchboard in exeter (the non emergency number) which is about 95 miles away. They said thanks alot, to which i replied not to worry now as the (very violent) attack had now ended after about 10 minutes. But they insisted and after about 20 minutes a cop was seen to leave the building and have a stroll around.

I live in sight of a 'transit' site for irish travellers. This is considered a no-go zone by the police, yet it is common knowledge that most of the local crime, if not all of it, is perpeuated by some, if not all (but i doubt it) of the residents of that site. When i moved here the people who live on either side of me (nearby neighbours i suppose you would say) even told me the names of the 2 boys that robbed them, and how to recognize them. Yet the police refuse to go onto that site....which incidentally has a cage in which they set dogs on each other....dogs that have been stolen, for example, off my neighbour.

Is it any wonder that people have little or no trust in the police force in this country.:thumbdown:

how can it be right that a man can have is house burgled and can still face criminal charges if he so wishes to defend his property ? . At one end of my small holding we have a quarry now you can imagine what would happen if i were to chase someone off of my property and they were to drive/ fall into the quarry , i would be the one in the dock !!!