Government scrapping wildlife protections?

Harrison2604

I'd like to petition against that scare mongering website 38 degrees, like the forest sell off it over hypes issues and stirs up emotions amongst the under informed. It does not give factual information or any kind of analysis and just likes to gives a warm "i'm making the world better" feeling to idiots who like to protest about any thing and move from one cause to the next.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I hope you all realise they are trying to do the same with the NHS too, and you never know when you will need it. This goverment is so sneaky and doing its best to ruin everything the same as thatcher did years ago.

They are all the same you just have to make your own minds up who is the worse :-(

I hope you all realise they are trying to do the same with the NHS too, and you never know when you will need it. This goverment is so sneaky and doing its best to ruin everything the same as thatcher did years ago.

They are all the same you just have to make your own minds up who is the worse :-(

I realised at Xmas mate took my boy to hospital with a temperature the doctor quickly diagnosed meningitis and saved his life. People slag the nhs off but we are very lucky and I would of give them everything at the time.

I realised at Xmas mate took my boy to hospital with a temperature the doctor quickly diagnosed meningitis and saved his life. People slag the nhs off but we are very lucky and I would of give them everything at the time.

Its great how people have there lives saved, ailments fixed, breasts enlarged etc with out getting a billl all free and then slate the NHS.

Any person who slates or sues should be refused treatment at the front door,

Rant over

x

Its great how people have there lives saved, ailments fixed, breasts enlarged etc with out getting a billl all free and then slate the NHS.

Any person who slates or sues should be refused treatment at the front door,

Rant over

x

:congrats::congrats::congrats:

sorry for the triple, thought that deserved a huck special!:lol:

Yes, this country is broke. We need to save money and it has to come from somewhere.

How many of you are going to vote in your local elections next week? Here we have a choice between an independent candidate, currently serving, who actually does stuff for the local area, or alternatively we have a local labor councillor who over the last 10 years has claimed £200,000 in expenses between him and wife. If you are voting next week and you have chance, ask them how much they claim as this is where to start cutting costs.

Rant, rant, rant - that feels better!

Well lets put the emotive scare mongering language to one side and ask what has actually been proposed?

Red Tape Challenge

So no-one is scrapping anything unless it needs scrapping - there is no need for panic or hyperbole. As I haven't read all 159 regulations I don't consider that I am in a sufficiently knowledgable position to plainly state that they should all be kept - I wonder if those signing up to the petition are?

Quite aside for the fact that quite a lot of our environmental laws derive from EU directives (and therefore must be implemented in one way or another), the actual point of the review is to simplify and streamline the legislation and to remove parts that don't work.

The questions posed by the above consultation are [my emphasis in bold]:

"Biodiversity, wildlife management, landscape, countryside and recreation

These regulations are designed to conserve vulnerable or rare species and habitats and protect important wildlife sites. They also include regulations on rights of way and protecting national parks.

You can find all 159 regulations that relate to biodiversity, wildlife management, landscape, countryside and recreation here [opens in new window].

"Tell us what you think should happen to these regulations and why, being specific where possible:

•Should they be scrapped altogether?

Can they be merged with existing regulations?

Can we simplify them – or reduce the bureaucracy associated with them?

Have you got any ideas to make these regulations better?

Do you think they should be left as they are?"

So as you can see, the scrapping of some regulations is just one option amongst many (less newsworthy of course). Also the Govt. want specific reasons for any comments or suggestions - this is a constructive process.

IMO just saying that we should keep all environment legislation because the environment is threatened and we should keep the world nice for our children misses the point entirely. It is symptomatic of a fundamental error; that of shallow gut reaction over a proper detailed consideration of the situation. Of course if you don't actually understand what's being asked it might well be easier to scream NOOOOOOOOOOO at the top of your voice without any justification :D

(Attn; TCD - the well used full smiley at the end of my post indicates a degree of playful mocking, specifically to be associated with the comedic depiction of ignorance in the last paragraph. This is clearly not to say that I consider those persons involved to be generally ignorant, because as we all know, omniscience is logically paradoxical and everyone must necessarily be ignorant of something (including myself). If there are any other parts of any of my comments that are not immediately clear in their purpose and meaning then I can provide a full and detailed analysis of their entire subtext but would be forced by our cryptofascist overlords to demand a nominal fee.)

youve really upset me!!