One handed chain saw use

Alex

Do you use your top handle saw one handed  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use your top handle saw one handed

• Yes every day
    • Yes about once a week
    • Hardly ever

You are 1000% right. That's not what I'm driving at, Useing the saw one handed just to get the job done in a time frame to win the job on price is no excuse. The whole custmer spotting a rouge (ps cowboys are highly skill guys doing as tuff a job as we do) is a whole new ball park we can have a game in, in a few weeks time.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

never say never stev, we can get closer thou you agree, we can reduce the rouges, we can educate the custumers. Differnt thread in a week or so bud?

Educate the customer? When do you see HSE etc spending money and time to educate the customer? How many private customers do you know that could identify with NPTC CS41 or even tell the differance between forestry/lanscaping/arb insurance?

We now have duty of care - there should also be duty on the customer to employ competent contractors, but that will never happen, not that it is thier fault.

Not the HSE job to educate the customer, it's yours, mine or to put it another way the industry. The HSE are doeing alot to fund education in the indusrty, making Tree officer more awear, reduceing the chance of cheap and cheerfull council tree work by unquatifed firms. As for the duty of the customer, they have one you need to tell them that if they have mr dogey do the work and he has an acsedent, they are a fault as they are the empolyer. Ask them again if they are happy to take that risk.

Educate the customer? When do you see HSE etc spending money and time to educate the customer? How many private customers do you know that could identify with NPTC CS41 or even tell the differance between forestry/lanscaping/arb insurance?

We now have duty of care - there should also be duty on the customer to employ competent contractors, but that will never happen, not that it is thier fault.

iirc i think that there is now a duty of care for customers who if they employ a contractor and that contractor has an accident that if they are not insured that the customer is liable under their insurance ~( i cant remember the exact termonology/wording but its around that area)

iirc i think that there is now a duty of care for customers who if they employ a contractor and that contractor has an accident that if they are not insured that the customer is liable under their insurance ~( i cant remember the exact termonology/wording but its around that area)

How many customers know that?

There is no duty of care to inform the customer. Your there to cut their tress, to their specification, period. This is'nt rocket science, we're not astronauts (arbornauts maybe?).

We're just guys who cut trees.

Most customers want the tidyest job for the least money, not a lecture in health and safety.

Oh, and I'd LOVE to see someone try and sue a customer for injuries....