Is it normal for you guys to leave trade marks or whatever you like to call them?

sasha.p

I spotted a load of felled conifer today and im always on the lookout for wood anyway it was off to the side of the m4 but on the ground on the edge of an industrial estate so i went down to take a look what was there anyway there was a few logs stacked neatly but on the one round there was a sprayed on letter.... u with a cockerel underneath i have never known of anyone to do this before is this something you all do ?is it like a trade mark or somthing?just thought i would ask lol:001_smile:

Lmao no was only looking as spotted logs im nosey like that im looking to fill the rest of my wood shelter ready for next winter but want hardwood really and have a field im waiting to access to sort out hedgrow boundry once the ground is dry enough to get my truck there should be plenty there to fill my shelter:001_smile:although if anyone is in the area and has stuff they want to get shot off lol, generally i dont like taking anything without asking was just nosing to see what they had taken out thats all then i remembered there was a huge row of conifers along that stretch and thats what they were,but was left intrigued as to why they sprayed the cockerel on the cut,seems to be a lot of work alongside m4 lately i guess its a big contracter or somthing?

:lol: seriously do you get logs theifs? this was not the wording it was an actual stencil of a bird I would never take any wood without asking a landowner first that why i went down to look as it looked like the track was on the industrial unit ground but when i got down it was on the other side of a fence so guess it was council or highway dept, i didnt see from the road i spotted it from I dont think anyone could steal them there is no vehicle access they would have a hell of a job there ,but just wondered was it the norm for people to leave a mark like that?im taking it thats its not lol

Not normal to leave a mark such as that,some lumber gets marked up with specifics to that section.

Yes people do get a lot of wood stolen,very frustrating,good on you for asking before taking,a lot of people assume it is just waste,some just take it anyway,some wait until its all nicely split & stacked before they go in for a five finger discount!:sneaky2::001_smile: