any drum n bass fans?

WoodED

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chase and status kick it at the moment. Been listening to a lot of liquid lately, namely High Contrast!!!

Logical progression was a classic when I was at uni. Also we used to go to the metalheads at hanover grand once a month, bar rumba on Thursdays and the bluenote in Hoxton. Not every week of course, I did do some work ;)

Chase and status kick it at the moment. Been listening to a lot of liquid lately, namely High Contrast!!!

Logical progression was a classic when I was at uni. Also we used to go to the metalheads at hanover grand once a month, bar rumba on Thursdays and the bluenote in Hoxton. Not every week of course, I did do some work ;)

chAse n status are ace,,, there new album is so good,, check out original sin, there new track 'i love it' is sound

Hama- this was the pinnacle of early 90's underground 'rave' music.....released in 1990......

this was a number one single by some awful cheesy pop crap band in 1999 that reached number 1 in the charts......

The first was high quality undergound dance, the second the absolute opposite....

Hence my last post of confusion....

Leeds Warehouse Mix is a pucka tune. Can never get tired of that bassline.

With regards drum+bass, I've been listening to it since 1995 when I used to listen to One in the Jungle, on Radio1. I remember some banging sets from Swift with Navigator. Much preferred the format to the Fabio and Grooverider show.

Around 1997-8 I went to Cocoshebeen, upstairs at the Opera House, usually when Slinky was on. The residents were pucka, DJ Deep and Shafie. Lost count of who I saw there. Went to Destiny a few times. Went to a Formation do for new year in around 1999/2000 or year after. SS, APB, possibly Twisted Individual, can't remember who else.

By around 2002 I had grown tired of d+b, it had become boring. I got onto the illegal rave scene and got into techno in a big way. Partied all around the south from Cardiff Brains Brewery in a blizzard to the Sanctuary a week after it closed (although got turfed out by OB about 5mins after first rig turned on). Loved the multiriggers around Thames Valley. Always enjoyed finding someone playing decent drum+bass as opposed to double-dropping BodyRock and rewinding 12 times. The party in Holborn at Halloween 2010 was tonking, some proper good jungle coming out of some really big systems (not to mention the shear quality techno systems).

Recently got back into 1998 era jump-up. Have a look at the following links. There's d+b, techno, hardcore and more. The "Squatrocking" series is worth a go for techno.. He writes interesting essays to accompany his mixes:

Pearsall presents Firestorm at Sonicrampage

Pearsall presents Urban Takedown *NEW* at Sonicrampage

All 1 In The Jungle Sets: IRONMAN'S DNB TAPEPACK SICKNESS: 1 in the Jungle

Look around the "tapepacksickness" site for bare drum and bass. Best one is:

IRONMAN'S DNB TAPEPACK SICKNESS: EUPHORIA JUNGLE FLAVOUR '95

Also look for the Renegade Hardware ones. They are heavy like sack of spuds.

:thumbup:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CVpbszcNLc&feature=related]YouTube - Gang Related - Rukus[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LG1LHCz0d8]YouTube - Shy FX - This Style[/ame] (SHY FX before he went rubbish)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8K6TVMbDjY&feature=related]YouTube - nasty habits - shadow boxing 'the remix'[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlSXX8s2ypE&feature=related]YouTube - Twisted Individual - Muzik / Wales[/ame]

Stepppaz kruuuu