Rubber up boys

welwell

Hi there peeps.

Just got a new secondhand(business isn't that good!!!) 4x4. It looks like I've only got a few thousand more miles left on the tyres. What do you guys reckon would be a good choice??? All-terrain or the more aggressive MT's It's a working tree surgery truck so will be in the rough stuff ocassionally

In the past I've had Marshall MT's ...they were ok.

Cheers for the advice

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have tried lots over the years, depends on how much off road, what you are towing etc.

Been running my td5 on its origional spec Avon Rangemasters for a while now, seem to be ok all round. Think they are about 60% off road, 40% road. Doing good mileage also.

Have run marshall tyres on cars before now, they seem good for the money. I would say at the better end of the budget tyre market.

I use YOKOHAMA geolander MT s on my navara they seem excellent in my opinion tows my trailer through the rough stuff loaded.Think there was a company copying them calling the tyre GREENWAY macho only thing is these are a remould

I tried the greenway macho's a few years ago, great tread but remoulds tend to have thicker sidewalls especially mud terains and so give a much rougher ride than new tyres. Bf goodrich are a little olf fassioned now and you can do better in terms of ride and noise, but they do last forever.

I was recomended hankook mud terains by several different dealers as being the quietest mud terain you can buy. I ordered some only to find that they were out of stock when I went in, so I now have Pirelli scorpion mud terrains, which are excellent.