The next step from prussic

swinny

Yes but you are an arb God who no one would dare ask to work on the normal sub 50 foot trees that are the bread and butter of us other meer mortal tree cutters.

cheeky bar steward!

still at least you acknowledged my arb god status! lol:lol:

the small trees i do are rare, we tend to be reducing bigger ones, its the truth huck:sneaky2:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, you're not thick. I was just in a rush out the door. I meant it as... The Blakes hitch will self tend well with a pully. Sorry to not be clear.:001_rolleyes:

No worries Bud. When I read that I had a mental block and started to question my knot memory!! haha!!:thumbup1:

Just a quick comment. You can use all versions of HC as part of a friction hitch based work positioning system. For those climbers using a low 'base friction' hitch, such as a well configured VT, and who have either an instinctive or acquired sense for these things, the increased efficiency of the HC Rapide will be very noticeable.

From my instinctive sense for these things, my rapide certainly has a very noticeable lower efficiency. same rope (got splices all round now I'm the man I'm working for :001_smile:), same friction cord, same biners.......different HC?

Does the bearing take a bit of time to set in? Mine just aint as good.

From my instinctive sense for these things, my rapide certainly has a very noticeable lower efficiency. same rope (got splices all round now I'm the man I'm working for :001_smile:), same friction cord, same biners.......different HC?

Does the bearing take a bit of time to set in? Mine just aint as good.

Am I the only one to find this?

For me it's the LockJack all the way. The SpiderJack looks good, but it's major failing is that it lacks the ability to be placed on the line at any point, it must be threaded on from an end.

Lockjack Sport | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I have also recently acquired a Unicender, very slick, and works in SRT unlike the LockJack. It doesn't self tend as well as the LockJack though, so my go to device is the LockJack.

5376262857_81d1d2eba3_z.jpg