Does Anyone Use Polytunnels For Seasoning Wood

Cosy Logs

Hey Everyone

Our barn is full to the brim and two other sheds are full to bursting and we are thinking about using a polytunnel or two to store and season wood.

Has or does anyone use them and what are they like? Do they speed up the the process?

Cheers

i first started of helping in the wood yard and the same case barns were full and bought a large green poly tunnel worked really well stacked 1 bag high either side then 2's up in the middle open up either end and away you go didnt take long to season either.

Set up my solar kiln with clear plastic for maximum solar gain open both ends 90 degree to prevailing west wind. Ridge line slope of 1 mtr in 25 mtrs for natural hot moist air extraction. 4mtr x 1mtr concrete bog mats for ease of forklift use. wood stored in IBC cages stacked 121 along tunnel so 25 mtr tunnel stores 100 cubic mtrs.

Set up my solar kiln with clear plastic for maximum solar gain open both ends 90 degree to prevailing west wind. Ridge line slope of 1 mtr in 25 mtrs for natural hot moist air extraction. 4mtr x 1mtr concrete bog mats for ease of forklift use. wood stored in IBC cages stacked 121 along tunnel so 25 mtr tunnel stores 100 cubic mtrs.

Do you mean the tunnel runs East-West to get the wind blowing in one end and out the other or the tunnel runs North-South and the wind blows into one side?

Tunnel runs North South so prevailing wind flows over tunnel and not through it.

:mellow:

I was under the impression that airflow was key. Is it a matter of the enhanced baking effect being more useful than the airflow?