Mountain bikes!!!

Mozza

Hi, Not sure if anyone on here will be able to help but thought id give it a go anyhoo!

Im gonna get myself a mountain bike, Partly to get fit partly something fun to do!

Trouble is i havnt been on a mountain bike for about 10 years!

Anyone have any advice on what bike to buy???

Long shot but thought id try

Cheers

Liam

Unless you're spending megabucks a hardtail is the way to go, hard to say whats best without knowing your budget and what rdiing you plan to do. Best to get the right sort of bike than worry about brand, there are quite a few decent ones.

MT I used to live Bristol and the riding is great there, I go back and do the 12 hour at Ashton Court every year, great race.

Ive just done the same as you, not ridden for 10 yrs then wanted a newer bike than my old shed, technology has really advanced and the choice is endless, id suggest a hardtail (Cove stiffee frame is my choice) look on fleabay for the best prices (I paid £180 delivered) then build up with the spec you can afford.

I found that the components on bikes around the £500 mark arnt brilliant but are a lot better than a 10 yr old shed, Happy riding.

Im loving it, new bike always enthuses you to ride loads.

hi,

you could join this forum.. southerndownhill.com.

Its second hand bikes ranging from bmx, road bikes, to full sus downhill bikes. There is some very good bikes for very good prices as long as you dont mind second hand

I ride a well worn 15 year old Kona, hard front and back, XT/XTR sets Mavics. There's shedloads of great bikes about on the second hand market. No matter what bike you end up with, ride from the top of Snowdon (Yr Wyddfa) back down to Llanberis.

Out of season of course. Lots of little drop offs and some great free-fall moments. I can't endorse riding off the track but I saw some guys making top use of either side for some great air. A mountain bike that hasn't been up a mountain is a bike. Happy trails.