piping a timber grab

john p

• 7 months later...

it is very simple to do but not describe all you have to do is have the pipe all in a flat plane so they slide somthly and stringt with clapps holding them every so often

i would look at kesla and cranab sites as you will see the idea

Cranab | Gallery

KESLA - The Multi-talent In Forest Technology

you can see what i mean in this as it shows it well

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCQaOfjLOLY&feature=related]MTZ with Kesla - YouTube[/ame]

I can get some pics of how not to do it. Complete with orange bailer twine and tyraps and anything else that came to hand. :biggrin:

I think i know that timber crane!:thumbup: got the crane all in bits now welding new pipe clamps on and giving it a coat of paint and got the king post in bits to sort out the play in the slew ring, got a new Farmi grab and rotator. cut the crane off the trailer so it can be used on the 3 point linkage or the trailer, should be all finished next week i,l post some pics.:001_smile:

Its not easy to do keep pipes in place, tec reels best example I remember are in the extensions to ponsse harvesters , pipes together held in a loop as in the video suffer from torture as in pics below, kesla now have a system of pipes in an enclosed metal case with the pipes held in place with pulleys but even with this they can jump and stretch, pipes enclosed in a form of plastic interlocking tracking look good and tidy but ? how safe in forest environment . I notice botex now have 2 pipes either side of crane and Steve? your last toy has saggy pipes? on the extention, good luck in sorting it out

59765ed51b555_floppypipe.JPG.7bd5929571e1ee50d116683ae74454b6.JPG

59765ed518d2a_extpipe.JPG.ea7aef63000a877cadb629fb23209af2.JPG

59765ed516538_ergo-harvester-winter-011.jpg.72a64c33ca7718e27d24fb6de124f3c3.jpg

I think i know that timber crane!:thumbup: got the crane all in bits now welding new pipe clamps on and giving it a coat of paint and got the king post in bits to sort out the play in the slew ring, got a new Farmi grab and rotator. cut the crane off the trailer so it can be used on the 3 point linkage or the trailer, should be all finished next week i,l post some pics.:001_smile:

I was going to put a pic up but it actually looks good in a photo. Look forward to seeing some pics of the outfit when its had some love. I never seem to get the time to overhaul things seems to take forever to source parts these days. I think there is a full time job here gardening and changing oil :biggrin:

Its not easy to do keep pipes in place, tec reels best example I remember are in the extensions to ponsse harvesters , pipes together held in a loop as in the video suffer from torture as in pics below, kesla now have a system of pipes in an enclosed metal case with the pipes held in place with pulleys but even with this they can jump and stretch, pipes enclosed in a form of plastic interlocking tracking look good and tidy but ? how safe in forest environment . I notice botex now have 2 pipes either side of crane and Steve? your last toy has saggy pipes? on the extention, good luck in sorting it out

i investigated plastic track,quite cheap,gone with sliding box section instead, will put some photos on as and when