Libya

Treemon

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know we havn't declared war on Libya, i think i should have said ( maybe they wouldnt be so quick to sanction it!) Our army is overstretched, we are in a RECESSION and can ill afford the hundreds of millions it costs to mount a military campaign, we are already fighting 2 demanding wars in different countries. Crazy

Edited by big fell!
Typo

I know we havn't declared war on Libya, i think i should have said ( maybe they wouldnt be so quick to sanction it!) Our army is overstretched, we are in a RECESSION and can ill afford the hundreds of millions it costs to mount a military campaign, we are already fighting 2 demanding wars in different countries. Crazy

Two? Afghanistan and ?

I don't so much have an issue with going into these countries as a peace keeping force but what gets my goat is the fact that we only worry about the oil producing countries. We don't worry about China, which has an appalling human rights record, nor various other middle eastern countries.

Hence why china and russia kept well clear!!

The Uk declared all combat operations were complete on the 30 April 2009, we have left a massive training and re-education team there that is still costing hundreds of millions. There are still troops based in allied neighbouring countries and the country is still in turmoil! Where did it get us? But yes your right, Afgan is the only active war zone

The Uk declared all combat operations were complete on the 30 April 2009, we have left a massive training and re-education team there that is still costing hundreds of millions. There are still troops based in allied neighbouring countries and the country is still in turmoil! Where did it get us? But yes your right, Afgan is the only active war zone

We still have troops "active" in the Rhineland in Germany and a couple of thousand over in Vietnam and between North and South Korea. I understand the eastern countries. But why in the Rhineland? There is a democracy in Germany not a dictatorship.

And while we are talking about not being able to afford another miltary operation; what about the billions poured into overseas aid? India for goodness sake gets aid money. Can someone explain that to me?

I am with you there, it was on radio 2 a couple of weeks ago and its ridiculous!!! Dont get me started...

We still have troops "active" in the Rhineland in Germany and a couple of thousand over in Vietnam and between North and South Korea. I understand the eastern countries. But why in the Rhineland? There is a democracy in Germany not a dictatorship.

We have had troops based in Germany for a long time it stems from world war 2 and then from the cold war days so that we had troops on the continent in the event of Russia making a move against Nato.

India for goodness sake gets aid money. Can someone explain that to me?

Maybe if you was indian or lived in india you would understand it as not many of us do live or have lived there we cant explain:confused1:

I reckon with all the africaln countrie revoulting it could be a 3rd world war except itll be button pushing not combat