Libya

Treemon

Is the UK still buying gas from Russia and cheap goods from China? May not have the typical despotic leader but China has one of the highest rates of poverty in the world. You can't win really.

For sure. Don't get me wrong - I am not saying that the way we trade is morally acceptable as it definitely isn't.

However, as a country that is involved in global trade and is a permanent member of the UN Security Council I think we have a duty to have some involvement in peace keeping missions.

I think the idea that we should 'just leave them all to kill each other' stinks personally.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

US involvement is and will only be for political purpose's only. Curious george is trying to salvage whats left of his failed experiment at Communism in the US and try to get reelected in 2012. I pray not, he has done more than enough damage to this country and insulted our allies when ever possible.

For sure. Don't get me wrong - I am not saying that the way we trade is morally acceptable as it definitely isn't.

However, as a country that is involved in global trade and is a permanent member of the UN Security Council I think we have a duty to have some involvement in peace keeping missions.

I think the idea that we should 'just leave them all to kill each other' stinks personally.

This is not “involvement in peace keeping missions” it is interfering with a state which is trying to put down unrest caused be resent events in that region and a small uprising that has been perpetuated by the west into something much bigger than it EVER would have been given the extremely public statement by the USA when it first started to offer “any type of help to the rebels” and to spin the military pulling back to avoid civilian bloodshed (as would happen if the military was to hold its ground) given the Libyan military had a very limited RoE however this was spun by the Americans etc as being Libyan military in disarray which was obviously not the case by the way they have sweped back the other way when the Libyan government have had no option but to restore public order.

Just remember it is the rebels/terorists who are held up in conurbations using unarmed civilians as a shield or if you start running around with stolen assault rifles or mount machine guns to your vehicle or tow AAA cannon and use all of them agenised military, police officers and members of local government or pro-government supporters/civilians etc then you have well and truly stopped being a civilian yourself and are well and truly entered the realms of being a legitimate military target.

I wander what the end result would be if e.g. 300 "civilian" (rebels/terorists) men armed with everything from assault rifles to AAA cannon were to encamp near Westminster would be if they were shooting at MP‘s, police, civil servants and members of the military? A military response no doubt. :001_rolleyes:

Edited by b101uk

Dose that mean you have know opinion, couldnt care less, or are we all missing something that only you understand ?

Oh i have opinions, but would take up most of arbtalks bandwidth, and TBH this is yet another thread where all the posts appear to be based on what the media tell us. I spent years getting het up about the way this world is run, and how out of order and duplicitous it is, and realised that there is no positive outcome. Humans are scum, and greedy selfish scum at that, so there is little or no point in getting worked up about it, especially based on what the media tell us.:001_smile:

Well , if the thread is going to be closed anyway can I just take the opportunity to wish the best of luck to the guys and gals involved in any missions over there. Regardless of our opinions on the military action, those on the front line don't have a choice as it's their job. So here's hoping, no matter what country they are from they all come back safe and sound.