cs 38 help!!!!!

mattie45620

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The instructors are there to help they dont want you to fail. Just take your time and think about what you needto do before getting into the tree. If there is someone doing it before you watch what they do and where they go to see how they do it and if you could do anything to do it better. Make sure you dont drop down anywhere where you can get your ropes stuck.

when its your turn to perform the rescue show determination. your not going to have to perform a rescue out on the tips think its only 5m up and 3m out. also while you are climbing keep talking to the "casuality" and reasuring them. no need to get worked up over it as veg said the instructors are there to help. the NPTC's are only a starting point they dont expect you too be the worlds best climber.

have fun and good luck

its a pretty simple test i did mine about a month back n passed my 39 yesterday.

On my assesment iI could of got a higher anchor poinnt thats pretty important if your doing limb walks

good luck

thankk for the help :) oh and well done btw for passing your 39 :)

okay i will try :)

Erm does anyone have any tips on the pole climbing :)

thanks

1.Plan your route from the ground to the top

2.Get as high as dear but STAY SAFE

3.Pick the biggest branches or find a medium branch with another one in reaching distance either above you head or at the side so you can hold on to and walk as far out as you can.

4.Keep a direct route from your harness to the main anchor point Dont have your ropes all over the place.Have your kit planned out not all in one place.

5.Try and look confidant at all times. Just think the instructors is wonting you to pass and will help you a little aswell

6.Try and go second on the poles so you can see what people are doing

7.Pass :thumbup: