Tree Crime

jacko

Ive passed this mutilated Oak and two more of its sisters( in a similar condition) roadside in the north lakes and stopped for a pic, this area is under the jurasdiction of the Lake District Special Planning Board! and owned by some very very rich local Hoteliers who obviously go for a price over proffesional conduct, I have in recent times offered my services to these people but been refused a look in as they have there own tree people! who work from a digger bucket uninsured and unqualified.

They run round in 70k vehicles (are all new Range Rover drivers W*****s) and can not afford to hire me or others to look after some wonderfull trees here in the Lakes, if thats what being rich makes you ill remain poor (definately in this trade!)

DSC00143.jpg.771b7c23a053d8984a20c064fdc03703.jpg

Jacko, did you see the bit in the last West. Gazette, a small reduction of a TPO'd Yew in Grasmere. Reduced!!, taken to a 2 m stump from a 4m x 5m specimen. Good job the LDSPB gave consent for the reduction!:scared1:

Sorry no photo's as I've only seen the before and after shots in the paper.

Sorry the photos a bit wonky, so angry about so called Tree work in an area where you need permission to change your hat!

Didnt see gazzette article unfortunately but can imagine, So many years to grow but only minutes to mutilate.

I know not all customers will listen to our advice but most of the time they can be persuaded, ie much higher price for mutilation and a reasonable price for the best job, im no martyr but even with kids/mrs and pets to feed dont do Tree crime, even my 11 yr old daughter knows what is correct pruning and reduction!

Yea it will be fine it`s got a bit of green on it!!

Also years ago pollarding oaks was standard practice, and the oaks natural pattern is to shed limbs and regrow so i am sure it will survive. Be very interesting to see a picture in 5 years time.

I reckon that will survive. There's an oak near us that got struck by lightning a couple of years ago. Basically all that was left was about 1/3 of a trunk (I mean 1/3 horizontally) 2.5 - 3m high and even that's got a hole in it all the way through, at the bottom.

Walked past it the other day and it's got tons of new growth. Amazing!

Will try and post a picture when I get the chance.