Tree Crime

jacko

I know who did it, not going to name names - but i will say they are under investigation for destroying a bat roost that was in a tree.......:scared1:

For exactly this reason, what ever level of Arbo people are, you should not be eligible for PI without at least having attended a oneday intro course on Arboriculture and Bats.

I know this wouldn't hold much truck with the unwashed, but an increase in publicity for oppos and the public is definately required.

Judging the response you've had to your training offer Chris, I'd say the greater majority have probably never ( or at very best, rarely do ) consider the wildlife implications of what we actually interact with on a daily basis. :thumbdown:

Judging the response you've had to your training offer Chris, I'd say the greater majority have probably never ( or at very best, rarely do ) consider the wildlife implications of what we actually interact with on a daily basis. :thumbdown:

Hell of an assumption!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbdown:

I have done a good deal of work with a licensed bat handler and have a good knowledge of what to to look for, I know a bit about the one day training courses and to be honest,IMO, you can find out all the info you need from books or on line.

Hell of an assumption!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbdown:

I have done a good deal of work with a licensed bat handler and have a good knowledge of what to to look for, I know a bit about the one day training courses and to be honest,IMO, you can find out all the info you need from books or on line.

Said the greater majority, thats my experience.

You can find,..............How many actually do, Huck?

makes you wonder why we pay for the TO's in some areas. Hopefully they'll see this on here and take some action, tho unfortunately belated.

Maybe we should start a name and shame thread for TO's / LA'S / GVT bodies and companies that cant carry out duties that we pay our hard earned cash to pay there wages because i am getting a little bit sick of people who get paid to do a job and either cant do it through lack of skill or are just plain bone idle and dont give a pooh...:cussing:

There does look like there could have been some rot in that there trunk. Maybe just maybe its been cut back so hard to try and give it some life or could be someone has gone mad on the Health and Safety and said you need to reduce the canopy sail and its been taken a bit too literally. I don't like it but chances are you'll get regrowth in effect its a very hard pollard. Just doesn't look pretty and isn't really the way things should be done.

Other thing is it could have been a fell took the job on and not having a big enough saw hacked it and ran :scared1: