Which of the 4x4's can pull 3.5t?

Simon Rotheram

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats why they are using al jap 4x4;s in the dimond mines in Australia and Ammerica !!! they tried landrovers and found them to be pretty naff !!! as for half shafts snapping and driving like annimals i would argue that driving through i boggy field whilst toming in a trailer would not constitute "driving like an animal" mind you it was funny watching a Ranger tow the landy out and then the trailer .

I know many of you drive Landrovers and are pretty passionate about them but honestly i do not rate them quite as highly especialy knowing that the chassis could snap if a put a good load of timber on the back lmao

WTF are you on about dave....have you SEEN what i do to mine:confused1:

This was dragged across about 600 yards of field and out of a wood first....

22022008129.jpg.0af8fb5ad0acbe1e868809a5b53b78af.jpg

And sorry about the awful commentary on this vid:blushing:

We did this day after day, and then loaded the trailer the same- I have been doing this for years to my poor landy, and it just comes back for more...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mgo06-Qk1JY]YouTube - Landy loaded and stuck[/ame]

toomer you showed me the pics of a 130 of which the chassis had snapped , yes granted it was a landy with a mewp fitted but at no point has anyone marked this problem solely to landies with mewps on the back . and secondly your picture shows a lump of timber on a trailer and NOT on the vehicle its self . Oh and secondly the landrover shown in the picture is M Reg when i would expect that build cost and quality was not being compramised .

as expected my oppinions would probably tough a nerve or two !! Never mind lmao

I don't beleive that the chassis on defenders are being built any different now than in 1995, its clear that a ladder frame chassis is tougher than a monocoque sp?. why do all hgv's mogs etc have a ladder chassis. A badly fitted attachment could cause a chassis to break up especially if it prevents the correct amount of flex at a particular point.

Thi argument has been done to death on here many times before, but it is worth noting that landrovers do come in for way more than their fare share of physical abuse due to the fact it is so easy to adapt them to particular tasks. Wether its tippers, cherry pickers, oversize toolboxes or even just the addition of a winch, there will be more landys out there with the above than any other make. Because of this they tend to be used by people who want them for more than just the school run, which subjects tham to more abuse than perhaps the average hilux or l200.

Cheers jon. Rest assured it is abused on an almost daily basis.....I weighed in at 9.2 tonne at the quarry about 6 years ago......half loaded trailer and butt with stone....about 6 months later loaded the trailer and landy with wet stony slaty sort of stuff till it was flowing off the sides, using a tractor and loader. .....as they say, 'when needs must, the Devil drives'.