How's business????

welwell

Hello Folks

Just catching up to see how you out there are finding business at present. Do you feel the effects of the Credit Crunch or is everything hunky dory??? Me..... well could be busier....could be a hell of a lot quieter!!!!

Do you reckon we are heading for the resession that the papers keep going on about or do you reckon it's all hyped up???. I reckon maybe a bit of both.

Either way we all need to stick together!!!!

Cheers peeps

I'm a freelancer and I've found the firms that have been ringing me over the last several years....are not!.

They do mainly domestic work. So, I've been doing council contract work (read-street trees!) in addition to some other contract stuff.

It hasn't affected me financially...its just different work. I have, however, noticed the required work rate pick up over the last 2 months, I've been working longer and harder than I have been (and sleeping better for it!).

weirdly I seem to be very busy when other local companies are struggling. (Possibly I am just slower) :-)

Been booked over a month in advance for about two monnths now.

I guess the tight credit will effect some domestic work but the fact is that trees NEED to be dealt with sometimes.

If you didn't have a TV or radio, apart from a few price rises and fuel prices you wouldn't know any different.

....and unless your credited up to the max and living by your means, you wont know any different.

I'm same as before, very busy at the moment touch logs.

The credit crunch is 90% hype and shouldn't affect anyone who has been sensible with their finances, companies included

If you didn't have a TV or radio, apart from a few price rises and fuel prices you wouldn't know any different.

....and unless your credited up to the max and living by your means, you wont know any different.

I'm same as before, very busy at the moment touch logs.

The credit crunch is 90% hype and shouldn't affect anyone who has been sensible with their finances, companies included

yep more or less agree , the phone isnt ringing off the hook ,tho I know of companies mainly the smaller companys in their start up years who arent working all week some are doing one/two days

wether that because they have cut back on advertising due to cash flow & uncertainty of the future, who knows !

The jobs we go to, we seem to get the same volume, win some lose some , price is always an issue with some customers/sectors, but a good job done, on time, offering value for money carried out in a professionally,to the spec, agreed is just as important to our clients.

So all in all, in our experience its not as bad as it is for some.

that said I wouldnt want to be starting up in business this year, or to be in a vunerable, high debt situation. As I see it the main concern is for those who are heavily exposed to the private customer, as they may well be spooked into holding onto money any reserves due to the hype on the Tele' in fear of mortgage rises.

The jobs we go to, we seem to get the same volume, win some lose some , price is always an issue with some customers/sectors, but a good job done, on time, offering value for money carried out in a professionally,to the spec, agreed is just as important to our clients.

:dito:

Now is not the time to be dropping prices. All other trades have put theirs up in the last year, tree surgeons should do likewise if they already haven't.

5% increase in price to cover Diesel. at least. If you know the right people and network in the right places, then there is always something to do. wether it be putting up a fence or going round recycling peoples garden waste, as long as your willing to work and dont take the mick with money, then you can work 14 hours a day,7 days a week, 364 days a year (wouldnt work on my birthday)