Bloody Landrover brakes

Dean Lofthouse

Dean,

just incase all else fails you might also want to consider Braided Hoses. Over time the rubber flexi's lose there strength. When you press the pedal instead of pushing the pistons the Rubbers just swell thus loosing brake line pressure. Goodridge or Hel do kits for most applications.

http://www.goodridge.net/uk/pdf/automotive/Goodridge_full_car_app_uk.pdf

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When i had new calipers pads and disks on my old landy the brakes were worse for a while but after a couple of weeks i could lock the front wheels. I think they do need a but of time do bed in. Yours do sound bad though. Just to make you jealous the brakes on my 08 defender are miles better, but it does have discs on the back, I think even now the hd models still have drums on the sailsbury axle.

Just to make you jealous the brakes on my 08 defender are miles better, but it does have discs on the back, I think even now the hd models still have drums on the sailsbury axle.

I know my 300tdi 130 has discs on the back and it's never been great, but it will lock up if you jump really hard on them

When i had new calipers pads and disks on my old landy the brakes were worse for a while but after a couple of weeks i could lock the front wheels. I think they do need a but of time do bed in. Yours do sound bad though. Just to make you jealous the brakes on my 08 defender are miles better, but it does have discs on the back, I think even now the hd models still have drums on the sailsbury axle.

my HD landy is 10 years old and has discs on the rear salisbury axle. Salisbury axles haven't been fitted to land rovers since the TD5 make over. even the Heavy duty ones have rover axles with discs. Discs all round came onto defenders when 300tdi was launched,

my HD landy is 10 years old and has discs on the rear salisbury axle. Salisbury axles haven't been fitted to land rovers since the TD5 make over. even the Heavy duty ones have rover axles with discs. Discs all round came onto defenders when 300tdi was launched,

I stand corrected, mine was an old military type. I thought it was the drums which led to poor performance, obviously its not just that. Do the Rear disc types eat pads like the discovery ones?