bs3998 draft proposal

Yorkshireman

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats what was used before stump grinders:001_tt1:

yeah i've heard that, anyway, I think you'll find they want you to use the term 'stump chipping' not stump grinding as we all call it.

from the draft -

NOTE Mechanical destruction of a stump by stump chipping is less disruptive to the site than digging out.

The section on stump grinding is titled - 'Stump Chipping' and makes several references to stump chipping.

who are these people?!

Mani.

Do you actually have anything constructive to say about the draft 3998?

Anything at all? Any detailed suggestions on how to improve it?

(I'm guessing that you'll come back with something along the lines of "burn it", so please surprise me and don't bother being so predictable.)

My Grandad's brother used to make his living blowing stumps out with explosives, those were the days before health and safety. He gave up eventually when he was asked to demolish some building in Hull and blew out the windows along a whole street.

Those were the days.

Mani.

Do you actually have anything constructive to say about the draft 3998?

Anything at all? Any detailed suggestions on how to improve it?

I couldn't take the document seriously when I saw all the Americanized spellings. it lost credibilty right there. the industry uses stump grinders and we carry out stump grinding not 'stump chippers' to carry out 'stump chipping'! sounds like something from Dad's Army!

Right Boys! Break out the stump chipper! the Germans are coming!

Dads%20Army-1.jpg

On the subject of stump grinders, there was no mention of barrier boards or detecting underground utilities before grinding. i'll need to look through again but there are loads of things that need changed.