107 members have voted

1. 1. Wher does your loyalty lie?

• the tree
    • the client

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not really that worried that you find me personally to be a bit of a dick, thats cool, I shall go see what youve contributed thus far to this forum:001_rolleyes:

I never said that :001_rolleyes: what I said was that you need to value others opinions in order for them to value yours.

If you'd checked the other sub forums one of them is sponsored by myself i.e the milling sub forum.

Clearly you have a lot of knowledge and enthusiasm Tony. If you tempered some of your posts so they were less confrontational you may find more people will listen to what you have to say.

I spend ages over what I write on here and at least half of the things I write I never post. I try not to post in a 'knee jerk' reaction to what someone else has written.

I'd like to read more of what you write and comment without feeling that I am going to be jumped on because my opinion is different to your opinion.

Let's face it I am not the enemy and neither are you. I will never agree entirely on what you believe in and vice versa but that's not to say either party can't learn off the other.

From reading this thread and other threads you have been a part of I can see exactly where you're coming from. Could you say the same about me?

Anyway I'm boring myself now :biggrin:

Somewhere along the way this thread has got a little polarised and perhaps lost sight of my original intention. I should make the point that although some of those argueing for the "tree" have suggested that the "cutters" would tell a client that a tree needs to come down when in fact it does not simply to make money. If that is the case then their loyalty lies with neither the tree or the client. Loyalty to the client is giving them value for money i.e. if no work or little work is required then that is the best course of action.

A tree hugger who needlessly installs a bracing system or reduces a tree which could have done without it purely in the name of "the tree" is just as much a charlatan as the guy who tells them to fell it.

I never said that :001_rolleyes: what I said was that you need to value others opinions in order for them to value yours.

If you'd checked the other sub forums one of them is sponsored by myself i.e the milling sub forum.

Clearly you have a lot of knowledge and enthusiasm Tony. If you tempered some of your posts so they were less confrontational you may find more people will listen to what you have to say.

I spend ages over what I write on here and at least half of the things I write I never post. I try not to post in a 'knee jerk' reaction to what someone else has written.

I'd like to read more of what you write and comment without feeling that I am going to be jumped on because my opinion is different to your opinion.

Let's face it I am not the enemy and neither are you. I will never agree entirely on what you believe in and vice versa but that's not to say either party can't learn off the other.

From reading this thread and other threads you have been a part of I can see exactly where you're coming from. Could you say the same about me?

what you do is different, you mill, no timber im interested in would interest you! I appreciate timber I think its a shame we dont produce more, wood is a great material and 100% sustainable.

I never said that :001_rolleyes:

Every once in a while somone says something to make me take as back step, food for thought in your post:001_cool:

Just going back to the tiger forest, there are as many trees there as in all the worlds rain forests combined, in fact it holds 1/3 of the worlds trees. in march when the snow melts the forest produces so much oxygen that it refreshes the atmosphere of the entire planet.

I did some learning this evening. ha

• 11 months later...
ha ha ha, just did a google on "mutse atsi" and came here! lol

reading through gave me some giggles, crikey I like a rant!

For what it's worth, I enjoy your rants. You have added a perspective to Arb that I rarely brought to clients before spending some time lurking on here. I'll admit though that I tend to filter out the "preachy" element and take in the substance of what you are saying. That's the beauty of words on a screen. You'd probably get right under my skin face to face with a few pints on :001_tt2:.

At the end of the day though, I (indirectly thorough my employer) am being paid by a client to provide a service. Their needs come first. If I don't like it, I should start looking for a new profession, as you are in the process of doing. How you getting on in your search for a new career a year on from this thread? Would love to see that passion poured into something you believe in. May even follow you down that road in a few years when I can't keep up the climbing anymore.