Where does your loyalty lie?

Tom D

Wher does your loyalty lie?  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Wher does your loyalty lie?

• the tree
    • the client

I dont care what any of you say regarding the need to make a living, we all do, but even at the most base of levels in THIS country you have NO right to moan about your life and or lot.

Spend one day in the shanty towns of the third world and you will find men whos lives are harder than yours, but say they smile everyday because they do not want their children to think that thier father does not like them.

WE have a beautiful life, and can AFFORD to make the choices, and whatever you say to the contray I am not buying, its BS and thats that:thumbdown:

did you watch comic relief by any chance ? you had to admire that father ! very very sad to give up all hope but still manages to smile so his kids dont hate him

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did you watch comic relief by any chance ? you had to admire that father ! very very sad to give up all hope but still manages to smile so his kids dont hate him

as sad as it seems, I sometimes wonder if hardship brings out the best in the human animal.

maybe also the worst though....

One things for sure, that guy and many amoung his community, had more grace and dignity than any of us.:001_cool:

as sad as it seems, I sometimes wonder if hardship brings out the best in the human animal.

maybe also the worst though....

One things for sure, that guy and many amoung his community, had more grace and dignity than any of us.:001_cool:

yeh too true ! and unfortunatly the majority of people watch this stuff , ooh and argh have a little cry then turn the tv off and forget all about it and then moan like crazy cos the pizza delivery is late :thumbdown:

i think abit of both, as an arborists our job is the care and beauty of trees, so all we can do is advise the client on the best practises possible, but on the other hand, if the client isnt happy the client isnt happy.

Tony you have built an image of us guys as money grabbing, con men who just want to cut down trees and tell lies to make endless piles of cash!:thumbdown:

Thats out of order, you are sitting in a house, where there were once trees, you are on a computer, which is a luxury, you have electricity, you will have a car that pollutes the atmosphere, get off your high horse mate, make some real money, pay for your course and move in the direction you want to.

You think a certain way now, which is fair enough BUT if what you think is what we should all be doing, why arent we, why has nobody called you up and said WOW! your thoughts are awesome, come and work for me and lets change the world. :001_rolleyes:

No one is going to come knocking on your door, if you want to walk about the woods, teaching others about stuff, then put a poster up in your local shop, charge £10 a head and go for it. If you know as much as you say you do, then have the confidence in yourself mate.:thumbup1:

I struggled a bit with this programme.

Of course I am very lucky where I have been born and do appreciate all the chances that have afforded me, but really...

You live in a shanty town, in a hut, with no room to swing a cat around, your flat broke, can't afford food or medicine. What on earth goes through your mind to bring 9 children into the world and think it's a good idea and won't bring suffering and heart ache as you watch your children die.

I would like more than the two children I have but can't afford more so quite logically have decided to stop. Common sense is free in life.

Regardless I will give to CR but until people use some sense and the corruption stops in these countries then you money in the grand scheme of things is being wasted. A harsh but IMO true statement.

The Tree every time without fail. Being a humble student of conservation I have brought my core roots of training and education into my Arboricultural practices. Like Hama, I feel a strong spiritual bond with nature, and I love working with it. In fact, my Arb training is just a means to an end in a way, until I can be a full time Conservation Ecologist.

Only this week I told a customer that I would not do what he wanted, but I would do what was the best for the tree in the situation. I took time to explain why and argued my case for a good few minutes. At the end of the day, the customer was ok with what I had done, even if it was not what he actually wanted, win win. Although my boss doesnt always see it that way!!

I think that taking time to educate the average joe public can really have a result when it comes to advocating the best practice for the trees themselves.

i think it is very nieve to think every customer who wants a tree removed is un educated. I have been to jobs and removed trees that have fallen through houses, cars, kids play parks, conservatories luckily no one was hurt but all were VERY close, you have to be brought up on the moon not to know trees are good for the environment, but as long as you go to your work in a vehicle, walk on tarmac and concrete and purchase food and clothes from shops then you are a hypocrite:001_rolleyes:

The first settilers manage our tree stock because that soon realised that they had to go father to get fuel. The romans food for the army then came boat making timber framed houses and the industral reverlution and trees cut to make steal. We still have one of the best stock of old woodlands we build roads and cities and manage the trees in and around them life goes on