Climate Change - Man made or not?

Is climate change man made or not?  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Is climate change man made or not?

• Climate Change - Man made?
    • Climate Change - Natural event?
    • Positive effect on trees in the UK?
    • Negative effect on trees in the UK?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

firewood releases less than sequestered but not much and therefore if burnt the tree hasnt really served any benefit at combatting climate change.

But if you burn fire wood INSTEAD of gas, oil, or coal, you are not adding carbon from millions of years ago and if more wood is grown to be burn you will be constantly fixing and releasing the same carbon, so it's therefor carbon neutral:001_tt1:

But if you burn fire wood INSTEAD of gas, oil, or coal, you are not adding carbon from millions of years ago and if more wood is grown to be burn you will be constantly fixing and releasing the same carbon, so it's therefor carbon neutral:001_tt1:

Apart from the dino fuels that fell, take to the yard, split, cut again and deliver it. But hey, don't tell the ecomentalists that, they'll label firewood as "unsustainable", give it the greenwash and roll on the green pound

Hi skyhuck,

Im affraid that its not neutral at all, ok fossil fuels take millions of years to make but the carbon they release is a bi-product from the proccess of burning, so its as old as the day its burnt.

But its not even proof that carbon monoxide is the cause of global warming. Carbon in the atmosphere is one of many gases in the misture of all the gases, and it exists in small quantities its even measured like 1partical of carbon to a thousand of someother more abundant gas. From what I've read theres no proof in that carbon is the thing responsible for global warming, what about the sun isn't it much more likelly to have a more direct impact on the earth's temperature? It could be that the sun for some reason is hotter than before! Its only a thought...

good night

tiago

Hi skyhuck,

Im affraid that its not neutral at all, ok fossil fuels take millions of years to make but the carbon they release is a bi-product from the proccess of burning, so its as old as the day its burnt.

But its not even proof that carbon monoxide is the cause of global warming. Carbon in the atmosphere is one of many gases in the misture of all the gases, and it exists in small quantities its even measured like 1partical of carbon to a thousand of someother more abundant gas. From what I've read theres no proof in that carbon is the thing responsible for global warming, what about the sun isn't it much more likelly to have a more direct impact on the earth's temperature? It could be that the sun for some reason is hotter than before! Its only a thought...

good night

tiago

I DID NOT say I thought that carbon caused warming!

What I said was if you grow a tree cut it down and burn it, then grow another tree, you have released NO carbon!.

Hi guys,

So the people that think, mankind is responsible for global warming, what are the things that make you believe we are responsible? And what things could be done to reverse it in your minds, if at all possible?

The way I see things is that we humans the superior race that supposedly are the most inteligent species on this planet, cant even be fair between eachother, while one half starve to death the other half live unsustainlly life style's.

The world is over populated, there never was so many people living on earth as there is today. We consume at a rate that one doesn't need a expert telling you that it cant go on for ever. We use non renuable resourses and have become dependent on them and use them like they are never gonna run out.

With the technology we have these days and expertise we could do so much better and before climate changes into severe devastating senarios, we will have done already so much damage to earths surface and oceans that climate is gonna be the thing to finish us up along with lots of other animals and plants. The animals that survive will live so much better without us around!

It really depresses me thinking about the state of the planet, I feel useless it seems that theres nothing I can do to change things. It crosse's my mind sometimes the best thing I could do would be, give up everything one is thought to persue in society, forget working or having a career to pay the home the bills and all the other clutter we buy to make us happy. Give up everything and go into nature live in a remote mountain somewhere far from modern civilisation, grow your food build you house live in small comunities. Teach children how to be as auto suficient as possible, teach them how to work the land use and respect nature.

It really worries me the seriousness of the state of our fragile home, cant explain but I feel guilty in some sort of way about things , I was lucky to be born in the half that is alright and as access to must things with very little effort. But this lack of effort to have things is what makes us treat and abuse planet.

I could easily go on and on but its later than I though and have to work tomorrow.

Jack

Is that round the mid 347,970's BC?

err no, Mars has heated up ~0.5deg C since the first probes landed in the 1970's & the long term (non summer) receding of the glacial CO2/water ice at the poles was covered by e.g. the Mars Global Surveyor between 1997 & 2006, you should remember there have been more orbiters, landers, and rovers sent to Mars than you think since the 1970 (>28) of witch 8 are currently operational (3 orbiters, 1 Lander, 2 rovers & 2 Flyby's) & there are 2 Landers, 1 orbiter & 1 rover along with a sample return going up in 2009 & 2 Landers, 1 orbiter & 1 rover going up in 2013.

it just so happens the ~0.5deg C rise in the average temperature of Mars mirrors the ~0.5deg C rise in the average temperature on earth in the same time period, which given Mars & earth are close to each other vs. the other planets then what causes them to heat up be the near same average amount? the big orange ball of heat that we & Mars orbit around? ;)