New Stihl strimmers- I didn't think they could improve them so much!

doobin

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've had the following issues with our new brushcutters -

The angle drive head totally disintegrating

The handlebar bolt shearing off on 2 of them

The captive bolts on the shield constantly coming loose

Shame as we really like them but like all new stihl machines they are being delivered to the public without being thoroughly tested

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

no excuse for poor workmanship by sthil its made for comercial market nothing should go wrong with them for the price they ant for them. hence staying with honda well built. and does everthing i want to do. now hearing the things going wrong with sthil. minds made up will not move from honda. next will be a multitool from honda.

well my honda gets used on a daily basis and is worked hard do not get any of the issues you have had with the sthil. fill with fuel prime choke starts off choke away we go for rest of day. if it lasts a well as old 425 which it should as made the shroud to engine much stronger should go on for years. and its 4 stroke so no mixing. had mine nearly a year now. all i have replaced is spool in head as doing pavments so wears them out. but last 3 months. was looking at a big sthil will stay with honda

You're comparing chalk with cheese. I'm not on about some garden strimmer.

Top Honda model is half the price, half the power, and twice the vibration of the FS460. Not the same type of machine. I guarantee you my definition of 'it gets worked hard' is poles apart from yours :lol:

Yeah got the Honda 4 stroke too! Was the first thing we bought when starting up 8 years ago, spool wore out pretty quick but replaced it with a flexiblade one and its dead easy. Sure you have to stop when it needs replacing but no winding wire and banging on the floor to get more out. Honda all the way...

Flexiblade is stupid. What a waste of cord and time. A good operator with a bump feed will outwork it every time.

i do not wish to get into a shil v honda debate. all for there views. and i consider other persons posts with interest. i personally like the Honda. i do not believe it is a garden trimmer but is made for the professional market. it does what i ask it to do. it will cut through heavy duty brambles. saplings,grass etc. never had any issues with vibration from it, the reverse find it very smooth running.

as i say you like the sthil and not knocking them very good product. but for price for price. the honda is half the retail price. as for power honda is 1.6hp sthil is 48.5cfm do not know the comparison between the two.

Flexiblade is stupid. What a waste of cord and time. A good operator with a bump feed will outwork it every time.

I'd be up for that race! Do we both start without wire already loaded, or can I grab a cuppa while you load your spool and then we start together...

I'd be up for that race! Do we both start without wire already loaded, or can I grab a cuppa while you load your spool and then we start together...

Does it not annoy you having to throw half the line away and not being able to extend it when it wears down a little bit?:001_tt2:

Or you can cheat and pot 3 mm blade line in a bump head.

the honda is half the retail price. as for power honda is 1.6hp sthil is 48.5cfm do not know the comparison between the two.

45.6ccs (cfm is air flow, you thinking of blowers?) and 3.0bhp.

Anti vibe levels are 2.5/2.2 m/s compared to the Honda's 3.8/3.9m/s.

Price for price you should compare the Honda 435 with the Stihl FS90. There I believe the Honda will have the edge both in power levels and vibration. I'd sooner a Honda than a Stihl 4mix, that's for sure.