Ash Reduction by Glen Poole

MAX

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So as long as it's an "honest" day's work, there are no rules whatsoever to follow? Everybody just does whatevr they want?

What's next? Filling cavities in with concrete?

at the end of the day mate, people dont come here to be lectured on worth ethics...the forum doesnt exist for that, its supposed to be a fun place for people to share their work and discuss anything else they choose..........you'll notice most of the US forums are short of UK members, personally i think thats because everytime a brit posts work pictures it gets pulled to pieces which was one of the main reasons arbtalk was started!

Any uk arborist thats worked in the usa will be able to understand where the yanks are coming from. The US have considerably more space and trees than us and so feel less inclined to retain trees. Hence their seemingly lack of understanding for our reasons for tree retention.

So you you made proper "drop crotch" cuts. My point is it will grow back so quickly it just isn't worth doing unless (like I said) you just like to work and the client has money to waste.

Simply put, it didn't need to be done. Just ask the tree! But then again, I'm a crazy Yank!

A little bit like some of your thinned tree pics then mb ...thinning,reductions they are all work to resolve problems with the given tree...if we didnt do them we would not be in buisness and i think that would include are american friends...personally im not a fan of thinning i think it causes dormant buds to burst and this gets worse and worse whilst the tips get heavyer and heavier.

Its dangerous to stereo type but so far ive picked up....

Americans like to thin.

Aussies just fell every tree and the brits reduce.... who cares any way :bored:

at the end of the day mate, people dont come here to be lectured on worth ethics...the forum doesnt exist for that, its supposed to be a fun place for people to share their work and discuss anything else they choose..........you'll notice most of the US forums are short of UK members, personally i think thats because everytime a brit posts work pictures it gets pulled to pieces which was one of the main reasons arbtalk was started!

Dang, I didn't know you had such thin skin. How 'bout this??? I'll NEVER criticize anyone here ever again. I'll only say nice, feel good things to ya'll!

From this moment on, ALL British treework is AWESOME. When I see something wrong, mums the word! I think you should have a separate Topping/ Pollarding/ Fracture Pruning/ Coronet Cutting Forum so all of us can share in this most excellent form of treework.

God save the Queen!