360 digger advice

Dean Lofthouse

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yes tis quite funny the looks you get when you go down the road on strange plant !!!!

i once had to drive a tractor and fowader in bottom gear back to the yard as someone else held up the rear end (had a flat no spare) with the tellehandler ! :) oh and i was loaded too ! hahahahahahah

If you have a chice of buckets Dean, use the biggest possible then scratch a heap together then scoop it up.

Try an avoid getting the bucket filled from the solid heap in one go. A bucket full of small bits will fall out easier than a single lump.

Hope you get what I mean:blushing:

You need something like this mate Clay Spades - Excavator digging attachments its act like an ice-cream scoop.

I'm sure a man of your skill and talent could whip something together blue peter style an a few hrs :biggrin:

Or show of your angle grinding skills on another bucket.

Other than that i would grade little bits at a time to loosen it up.

Also, when pulling the heap together try and scrape rather than slice, if you get my drift.

Use the blade in a more vertical manner, you arent trying to "pick up" the clay at this point, only grade it off into a pile.

Worth a try anyhow, but dont shout at me if it doesnt work:blushing:

When it clags up badly crowd the bucket all the way and flick it back and forth rapidly. Works well on any bucket on any sized machine

I tried to scoop with the bottom of the bucket flat hoping it would icecream scoop and push the clagging out but it didn't work, shaking it gets a bit out but you have to whack it on full revs to do it

I tried to scoop with the bottom of the bucket flat hoping it would icecream scoop and push the clagging out but it didn't work, shaking it gets a bit out but you have to whack it on full revs to do it

Try just crowding everything in and shaking just the bucket open and close. I'm not sure how or why but the shaking action is generally much more violent and clears the bucket better when you pull the bucket back tight.

shacking them works well but with a full or half full bucket its just greusomly nasty to the bushes etc ! usually crowding the bucket right closed and doing it owrks better than bucket open for some reason to get it started !

scratching it up into piles then moving it loose sounds best idea ! :)