No one talks about Bandits any more

tomtrees

I have got nothing againts greenmech we had 15 of them when I worked for Glendale the old ones I think they had the lister peter engine. The chip was not as fine as most, one was rolled and one had a rope go through it and the after sales service was good.

Their just not on my list

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People slate tw but always had spares next day and never had it break down other then wear parts not a problem, for the money best chipper around.

Of course jensens schliesings are all great but there way over priced and over engineered isnt good you pay for a machine not working to its full capability and there all heavy.

Im getting a new chipper and i think tw is the best all rounder

The best advice I would give when buying a chipper is to choose the brand whose dealer has the highest spare parts stock as waiting 3weeks for a part will cripple you and is unacceptable.

I also found 'Arbrep Services' and Charles is a mechanical genius at fixing machinery properly and fast.

I agree charles is fanastic got my 620 back on the road quickly.

My 65 has been great.

Did the chute extension (thanks Dean!) and had the bottom roller done.

It is an excellent machine, cracks forks a LOT better than a Timberwolf 150. You can also push arm fulls of brash in much easier with the wider feed opening.

One thing you have to remember is that it weighs almost twice as much as a 150 so they are way trickier to move by hand, especially across gravel and grass.

The trade off for having to push that extra weight about is that you can enjoy your lunch sat on the hopper without fear of welds failing and it falling off!

• 4 weeks later...
I have got nothing againts greenmech we had 15 of them when I worked for Glendale the old ones I think they had the lister peter engine. The chip was not as fine as most, one was rolled and one had a rope go through it and the after sales service was good.

Their just not on my list

I'd defo have a look at a 1928 - they are in a different league to the older Greenmechs you used (I've got an old one with a Lister engine too, so I know what your talking about). I haven't used any other similar sized machine that can keep up with one, and the back up from Greenmech (on the very rare occasion that you need it) is incredible. You can talk directly to the blokes that build them, and there appears to be nothing that they can't fix down the phone!

I was in 2 minds about going for the 1928 as it is apparently a 7.5 inch machine (which I was concerned was a bit small), but there is no sub-10 inch chipper out there that will drag more stuff through more quickly. Greenmech seem to have an ill-deserved bad name from people who used the older machines in the past. I would seriously recommend that anybody looking for a new chipper should throw some brash through one of these before making any decisions.

• 1 month later...

Well got the bandit.

Built like a brick ...... house

Put next to the TW and the size diffrance is the first thing you notice.

Does take a lot bigger narly old branches and can be feed by 2, try to feed the TW with 2 and you spend half the time looking at groundies bum.

The roller problem is not really solved but I can live with the result of the new roller. It blocks up the roller on coniffer and did an abies the other day and was shocked.

Will keep the Tw 125, just to good to let go. Will go anywhere and dose chipp up well on small jobs. I have 2 subies and the first thing they said is "what you going to do with the TW"

Over all the The Bandit is a hell of a lot of chipper for the price and IMHO the 6 by 12 inch letter box entry makes it is twice the chipper a TW 150 would be and the equivelent of a 7.5 machine entry . Bandit dose need to sort out a better in feed and the paint job is a bit limit. Mine is the 65 XL 16 cm entrance with 35 HP but you can get the same with 18cm entrance and 45 HP I would think that if funds allowed this would be a really difficult chipper to beet for the price. Not that suffisticatted a chipper though but I like that because I will be easy to work on if I have problems. It will take the work load of the TW and I got 2 good chippers long turm.