Fun little rigging job last week.

rbtree

We had some fun rigging out this easy 4 trunked dead pine last week.

Mickey has only worked with us a bit...he's a top notch arborist...has worked a lot with my pal Eli, and Dan Kraus.....he excells at pruning, but does well with removals---and he slutted and posed a bunch for the camera, I'd say:

Here's a slide show...

and a coupla teasers...

After felling the first of 4 trunks

2676747331_08a5a70dc2_o.jpg

Zipped some limbs...

2676748673_debf926127_o.jpg

Winched this lead up and out whole, gotta love the GRCS

2677565388_f05e55e91f_o.jpg

2677565476_1483127cb8_o.jpg

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lowering the top

2677566082_e216de91af_o.jpg

Butt hitched one log...

2676786595_cc6f264c53_o.jpg

Next, we tip tied, picked and lowered two or three sections aloft, then did the same with the butt. (Last, we free dropped single or double rounds of the jin pole spar.) I'd left our static line at home, but the 1/2 inch old double braid did the job with nary a whimper---woulda been nice to have had the no stretch (and stronger) line..but hey....somebody get me a reminder electric prodder, eh!?

2677566320_29e5b94e69_o.jpg

Had three craiglist firewood folks show up and take all the wood, which was great. I'd had to lower my bid to meet a low-baller...but no big deal. The jopb was $1500----and I mostly took pics, I did rig out the last two picks then chunked down the spar. Job was about 14 manhours plus a bit of my time on the "real" job. No dump time, as someone showed up and took the chips-- two blocks away, gotta love it!

Then I ground some stumps with my little Alpine Magnum, and the guys did another job, which I helped finish....A $3000 day will never cause me to develop tummy pains!!! and the other job was low bid as well....

what're trainers? Hiking boots? Sure, that's what a lot of us wear, if we're not gonna be on gaffs a long time. Then I break out my Wesco's---no steel toe or chain saw protection...no, it's not required.

chaps are required, on the ground, not aloft...and a lot of us frontier type westerners, myself included, don't wear em....which ain't the best, sure.....

Eventually, I'm gonna get some of those fancy chain saw pants....I do put on the chaps now and then....

old habits are hard to break.

Of course, then there's the one handed saw "issue" ummm, I recall two handing a climb saw once or twice...

...back in '82....:sneaky2:

:drunk: