Public Liability Insurance etc

woody1

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Woody1 - I work for an business insurance broker and you're not alone - I've spoken to lots of people in your position where they are unsure what level of PL to have. What I tend to say if I'm asked is you should look at the value of the contracts you are working on and consider what would be the situation in a worst case scenario. You can get cover from £1m, £2m, £5m and even £10m in some scenarios (more and more councils are now asking £5m but this isn't the same with all of them) Of course you can always cover tools and equipment too.

Kind Regards

Tim

Edited by Steve Bullman
see forum guidelines

I'm trying to sort out my PI but i'm unsure as to what amount is best to be insured up to. Any help or advice would be much appreciated! :confused1:

Oh and what are your views on NFU for insuance?

Thanks

Mike

Hey woody,

just renewed my insurance, I was with the NFU for years and never had a problem until now.

They sent me through the certificate of insurance which said insured for tree surgey and landscape gardening.

I dont normally read the small print as i just presume its the same every year.

I was doing a quote for a larger company, and i thought i better check the small print.

I could'nt belive it said i was only covered up to 6 metre!! which is more shrub pruning and not tree surgey.(and i was paying full wack for it as well!!)

I phoned them and after 2 weeks they sent me though a new policy which they said met my requirements, read the small print and it was the same as before.

I lit the fire with NFU policy and phoned Trust......sorted!!!:thumbup:

HI,

I am with trust 10m as that is what a lot of my customers ask for :-(

LA etc.. also I have all my trucks with them mogs land rovers and tools. I dont have a height restrcion with mine and it covers all sub-contractors any plant hire any trees left on site for planting and any fence work.

really happy with them

Thanks guys

Reckon it will be trust, emailed them but need to ring really! Handy to know they do vehicles too, NFU gave a good quote on the tractor, very poor on the land rover so it'll be interesting to see how Trust do!

Mike