Where to buy winch?

corylus

The Riko winch mentioned in my other thread has ceased to be. Not economical to repair.

Have looked at both Uniforest (Riko) and Farmi, and like the look of Farmis.

Johnathan Latham's casually informed me that their web page is 2 years out of date and they dont do Farmi anymore, and Corwen Forestry are not the best at responding.

I am in N Yorks (7 miles from Leyburn Lad if his soubriquet relates to his place of residence) but realistically expect to purchase over phone and have delivered.

Any pointers to a good dealer?

Cheers in advance.

Jas p Wilson? They do everything else, just across the border i think in dumfries. Usually have ex demo stuff available too.

Not that there is much of a saving on ex demo. They do have some second hand stuff in on occasion that is nearly given away. Had a 9tonne double drum igland for about 7k on there once in near new condition. Rang up and it was gone:thumbdown: New one is nearly 14+vat.

I like the Uniforest winches i think there are 2 uk dealers one of which is Riko the other eludes me at this moment.

I really like the Uniforest winches affordable and feature packed. The 8H pro electro hydaulic is very good value for money if you need a big winch. The do it in double drum too.

Jon (mendiplogs i think) has a 5.5t Igland for sale if your intrested.

Edited by Brushcutter

I liked my Uniforest (35e) when I had it and it was amazing how much abuse it would take :blushing:

Had a 6 tonne electro hydraulic Igland on the county and it was OK but I didn't really get on with it.

Used some of the smaller, but older Fransguards - if the new ones are as good as the old ones then they can't be too bad.

Used some of the old type Krpan's in the past, not used the new ones but they look fairly smart, almost like a red uniforest.

I don't know for sure but I think Riko have got their new depot set up just outside Tockwith now too - Sure Jim or Steve will be abel to let you know.

Unless things have changed since I left, Riko were the sole importer for the Uniforest winches, though they did sell through some dealers on occasion.

Hi Corylus,

did you ever get to the bottom of what brand winch you had? A 30D winch is a new one one me!

If you are looking for a big winch we have an 8 ton electro hydraulic winch with hydraulic unwinding and a wide butt plate that is ex-display from the APF show. Its an awful lot of winch for the money.

I think there is a 4 ton winch up at Tockwith too.