Landy 130 heavy duty suspension

Hodge

Avoid polybushes they just wear out your radius arms and such like. Stick with standard bushes much cheaper and you can buy them individually.

Have a look at police Spec range rover springs these were very heavy duty and probably the same as the 130's.

I know there is a chart online somewhere that gives you the load ratings and colour markings for standard landrover springs.

Avoid Pro Comp shocks. They are not the best out there. Always worth spending some more money on your shocks.

Land rover Spring specs chart thingy

In my expiriance and my Dads and his Brothers who have all been building Land rovers for years say that you'll get a lopsided Landy if use Police spec springs! :thumbdown:

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I’ve got a land rover double cab tipper and I suffered from the same problem took it to my local land rover people (off road rovers) and they suggested some heavy duty blue bearmach springs buy some new helper springs, gas shocks and some new anti role bar bushes. I’ve got them on the back of mine and its made it rock solid but doesn’t shake your spine apart when its empty

I think the standard 130 springs & bushes would be fine,make sure you have an anti roll bar under there too.

Mine runs this setup with no probs,& she gets loaded to the gunnels at times!:blushing:

A good tip is to do just that....dont leave it loaded right up overnight.:001_smile:

Bearmach springs are the same price if not cheeper than landrover ones and like i said i have them on my 110 and bben there 10+ years still good ! the 130 and 110 rears are a larger diameter than the 90 or rangerover ones and there fore dont fit !

A 130 with genuine or aftermarket springs and assister springs that are the correct ones for the 3500kgs GVW will be fine ! antirollbars help no oend the right age you can get fron ARB too !

How do i know all this well only ever owning and running LRs fro all my driving life and working on many at work and for friends and colegues you tend to learn stuff !

Also i guess it helps that me and my best mate rebuilt his 130 from ground up including the engine gearboxes and basicly most of it onto a new chassis with the above suspention and converting it from dropdside to full three way tipper with engine driven independant hydraulics may have given me some backgrond to these reccomendations/ findings from beoing out there and doing it !

Oh and said 130 was cover fetured on an issue of LRM mid last year :)

David

I fitted Airlift helpers to mine,like the airbags you see on wagons,you can adjust the pressures to suit the load or terrain,easy to fit,seconds to adjust,and only cost about £100, i can get a serious amount of chip on board plus tow the tracked chipper with no saggy bumage at all.Corners like a rollerskate when unloaded if the pressure is about 20psi. I had a little incident in it a few weeks ago whilst hunting in Wales,it disappeared over a 200ft ravine sideways,about 50deg banking and it stayed on all fours doing about 40mph sideways, it had to be seen to be believed,i reckon it was mainly due to the suspension that it didnt roll all the way down.

Twisted highcap,you have blown your cover,you are a landy nut!:biggrin:

GOOD MAN!:thumbup:

Umm maybe lol

i live in a tied cottage and have a small yard / garden 60 foot long and 40 feet wide and there are 7 landrovers one chassis a16foot ifor a mini digger and a digger trailer and various other stuff oon it im not a nut honest ! lol

Umm maybe lol

i live in a tied cottage and have a small yard / garden 60 foot long and 40 feet wide and there are 7 landrovers one chassis a16foot ifor a mini digger and a digger trailer and various other stuff oon it im not a nut honest ! lol

I hear you but I think,as a part time shrink,you are in denial !:biggrin:

Its ok...you just wont get over it!!!

:001_tt2::thumbup1: