Hodge

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you can avoid the lift then do so.

The original suspension units and springs are pretty good and not too pricey

worth checking and replacing all the bushes on the rear end while your at it - arb truck rear ends allways take a hammering:blushing:

I got mine from sodbury sortout for £40 I think there about £100 new. the brake lines were fine standerd. I also lowered the shock mounts etc but thats only necessary if you wont to keep maximum articulation and not have to fork out for long travel shocks. Gywn Lewis is really helpfull aswell devon 4x4 will just rip you off!!!

Ollie

The 130 is fitted with the heaviest springs and helpers as standard. If you are really having problems then your springs could be worn out. You could try what my mate has done and removed tghe helper springs and replaced them with some air bag things. Ill try to catch him tomorrow and ask him where he giot them. You put the deflated bag inside the spring in lieu of the helper, and with your compressor/ footpump etc you inflate them. They worked very well for him, and he regularly loads his 130 alot.

The 130 is fitted with the heaviest springs and helpers as standard. If you are really having problems then your springs could be worn out. You could try what my mate has done and removed tghe helper springs and replaced them with some air bag things. Ill try to catch him tomorrow and ask him where he giot them. You put the deflated bag inside the spring in lieu of the helper, and with your compressor/ footpump etc you inflate them. They worked very well for him, and he regularly loads his 130 alot.

Do you think I should just get original land rover springs instead of bearmach heavy duty springs? Should I replace the shockers with heavy duty ones? Cheers.

A few years back I used to regularly carry heavy loads in my Ninety which caused the back end to sag. After e-mailing Land Rover Owner magazines workshop section I got a reply from Anthony Varrell who runs Famous Four - he advised me to replace the bushes if necessary and then replace the springs and shocks with standard Land Rover items,as they are designed to carry the specified weight.

I decided on a complete rebush with Polybushs, new standard springs and Monroe Gas Magnum shocks and never had a saggy bum again!

You can ask them the question at [email protected]

My best mates 130 tipper we built we used Bearmach hevyduty blue 130 rears and standard landrover 130 helpers inside them this combination works really well he is often upto full weight on and off road and this has proved it self he does lots of towing too !

i use just the heavy duty 130 bearmach springs on my 110 and hell that takes a pounding too you get about 40 mm of lift with these or should i say the landrover stays higher than the sag with standard springs !

David

Avoid polybushes they just wear out your radius arms and such like. Stick with standard bushes much cheaper and you can buy them individually.

Have a look at police Spec range rover springs these were very heavy duty and probably the same as the 130's.

I know there is a chart online somewhere that gives you the load ratings and colour markings for standard landrover springs.

Avoid Pro Comp shocks. They are not the best out there. Always worth spending some more money on your shocks.

Land rover Spring specs chart thingy