New Technique for Hazard Tree Removal.

RopeKnight

:beer:I am grateful for the education gentlemen.

Good thing I did not quit with this thread.

It has lead to higher ground/crown.:thumbup1:

I am consistently faced with over mature Acer saccharinum and a. negundo.

Both considerabley poor comparmentalizers.

And due to the past pruning practices here in Canada of Lions tailing and lopping off of lower limbs has left many with a high hazard rating.

Basically these trees I am challenged by are long, over reaching, tip heavey multi-leaders with poor points of attachment and wood that shows moderate to low strength with fair flexibility and structural abnormalities.

Maintaining these trees every 5 to 10 years tends to serve the best interests of the tree and the client. But at times the challenge to climb and work or rig in these trees is overly stressful.

I am looking for additional techniques or answers to/for a net increase in safety. With out the use of mewps and cranes.

So far what I have learned

1. girdling has some potential but general consensus from replies has been its a sucky Idea. I have learned and will try my best to take heed.

2. Srt rigging. Vertical speedline works.

3. Shoring works

4. Support cabling

5. Controlled Srt with friction device applied to load being lowered. Need experimentation and should work with tuned properly.

6.Anyone with anything else to add?

Thanks again :beerchug:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No it did'nt kill them :001_smile: It used to be common practice to slow down over vigorous growth Not sure if you'll find it in the new books but its in one of my pre war pruning books. Ill post a thread with a picture of the knife he used and a bit more info if its of interest to anybody ? :001_cool:

do it, im always interested in old school knowledge:thumbup1: