Advise needed regarding trailer Mods

gensetsteve

Sounds like a fun project, take lots of pics!

agreed!! cant beat a bit of gas work in the morning and that feeling of "have i done the right thing" when one end of the trailer is one corner of the yard and the other end is in another corner.

we have built a few trailers now from artics, slurry tanker and spreader chassis. Always fun to see how they turn out and if they are a dog to tow or not!!

Be far more simple just to buy a two or 4 wheel dolly made from an old artic unit. Quite often go at farm sales for less than £100. The added bonus would be retaining the original artics air tanks.

In the past built a tipping trailer from a 6 wheel lorry. Would not be legal now as we bent both chassis members to make the towing point.

hi there.. we did similar thing with a 40 ft 3 axle step frame.. brakes worked fine on fastrac, mog and now on a new 50k new holland tractor... plenty of air pressure.. my cousins done same as u with 2, 40 ft flats.. he's got one on air and one converted to hydraulic brakin.. think you'l find that going down route of using a bogie and draw bar is now illegal....

I have a good fabricator . Not planning on any chassis bending or bogies. will need to be a proper job as we are intending putting 15 tonne of cord on it. The front axle is lift job but the air bag has blown off so may remove that as the other two are good for 8.5 tonnes ea.

This is one I made a couple of years ago. I left the air brakes in situ and added hydraulic as well. The hydraulic system had a breakaway cable to pull the handbrake on in the event of a problem.

It was a relatively simple job, just kick it on a pile and weld it where it touches.

No challenge for a decent fabricator

treequip-albums-general-picture2891-dsci0001.jpg

• 2 months later...