how much is a good amount to make each week?

minnnt

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're completley legit then :001_smile:

Totally, just pay extra ni, one year I went over and they changed my tax code for my main job to pay seventy six pounds of tax I still don't get that I can earn extra for myself and not have to pay extra tax as Long as it is under freshhold , but get stung for any overtime I do

I do and they send through tax bill of zero as long as it us under the freshhold

Hi mate,

So just to clarify. Are you PAYE mon-fri (for instance), and do private work that you declare on the weekend, and providing its below the treshold you dont pay tax/NI?

So do you fill out a self-assess form for the private stuff?

Cheers

I work full time and Do jobs on the side told the tax man and as long as it does not go over five and half grand a year no extra tax need be paid . Don't get it my self as if I did over time they would tax it

WOW the tax man is allowing you to earn over £5k tax free above your wages!!, ive never heard of that before, i know you only pay tax once you go over the £7,475 K (2011-2012) hresholds but you will be over that with your full time work.

Who did you speak to as i want there number :biggrin:

Yes just that, work for local council so pay ain't great but it is regular, and then just small jobs odd limbs and hedge work at weekends trouble is once I have paid my insurance and waste licence the odd job here and there just is not worth it but at least I am set up for when the axe comes this year