Do all professional chainsaw users think joe public users are fools?

egnsean

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got ya :001_smile: I thought you could'nt understand the A-Team bit, but everytime I go into the workshop and start welding and fabing stuff it always reminds me of the stuff they used to make, going to quit my jibba jabba and scoot :vroam:

nothing wrong with B A BIG KNACKERS:laugh1:

well done for being alive :thumbup:
as i have clearly stated before i now use full PPE and have a fair bit of experience ie 20+ years your quote: "well done for being alive" is a bit sad to be honest, it makes it sound like the chainsaw is the biggest badest tool out there, i know full well the dangers but i am not going to make myself into a drama queen with statements like "well done for being alive":thumbdown:

i don't think that all members of the public are fools when it comes to saws, in my experience some of them are better than "fully qualified arborists"

also, about the PPE yeah its best to wear it, but the most important piece of PPE is definately a switched on brain

Agreed, i dont always wear PPE. On a work site yes, but when at home using the saw or processing firewood for myself i dont always wear it.

Common sense goes a long way in this industy.

I dont think any of us on here can spit our dummies out because someone is using a tool without a qualification. Were all doing an odd bit of welding electrics plumbing or even modifying our work trucks and tools :001_smile:. If this thread was (what other trades can you turn your hand to ? ) then Im sure we would all be puffing our chests out telling stories of how much money we saved by not employing a proffesional with the qualifications to boot. I love being able to use machinery and tools and dare I say it on occasions the result of my unqualified work probably rivals that of a proffesional ( A-Team Generation ) :thumbup:

you sir are a man after my own heart as for welding i was coded in mma,mig,tig & gas, never advised anyone not to use welding plant though :thumbup:

as i have clearly stated before i now use full PPE and have a fair bit of experience ie 20+ years your quote: "well done for being alive" is a bit sad to be honest, it makes it sound like the chainsaw is the biggest badest tool out there, i know full well the dangers but i am not going to make myself into a drama queen with statements like "well done for being alive":thumbdown:

Yes I agree, that comment was a bit pathetic :thumbdown:

Clearly some people have a different view of danger to others.

When using a saw, you are in control of the situation and as you state your experience equips you to know what to expect.

In reality driving is far more dangerous, if I'm on the Mway doing 70mph, I am only in control of my vehicle, not all the other vehicles, that could be being driven by assorts of different people, the very young, the very old, the very stupid, people on mind altering substances, people contemplating suicide, I could go on.

Yes give me a saw, where I'm controlling most of the situation over driving every time.