cost price/load

Billy

I've donea quick search and can't find any decent info on cord wood prices or cost per load. The reaons I'm after this is I have been offered a deal by a land owner friend of mine to sell the frewood on his land, mostly chestnut on a 50:50 deal on load prices weather it be a truck load or a bulk bag. this doesn't seem too great of a deal to me but i don;t know if i'm being unfair?

basically he owns the wood and i will need to advertise cut, split and deliver for 50% of each loads sale price, I'm pretty sure its not too great of a deal, but a safe easyish one never th eless whats everyone elses views? Tose who are buying cord in how much does a load's worth of cord cost you in relation to the sale price of the load?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've donea quick search and can't find any decent info on cord wood prices or cost per load. The reaons I'm after this is I have been offered a deal by a land owner friend of mine to sell the frewood on his land, mostly chestnut on a 50:50 deal on load prices weather it be a truck load or a bulk bag. this doesn't seem too great of a deal to me but i don;t know if i'm being unfair?

basically he owns the wood and i will need to advertise cut, split and deliver for 50% of each loads sale price, I'm pretty sure its not too great of a deal, but a safe easyish one never th eless whats everyone elses views? Tose who are buying cord in how much does a load's worth of cord cost you in relation to the sale price of the load?

I would give it a miss mate, youve got alot of work felling, extracting, logging and selling for a 50:50 share of the profits imo.

£10 a tonne green would be more than enough.. based on £35 roadside..and £25 a tonne to cut and get it there

would work out at £5 a builders bags

Sorry to come back to this again but £35 per tonne roadside for chestnut, i dont think so,if you look on woodlots Steve Goldfinch is selling chestnut roadside for £20 per tonne,and good straight cord too.

Sorry, I havn;t made things as clear as i should have done.

the wood is already felled and has been sitting in stacks for a few years next to some dirt roads in the woods, i can only get ot it with my tipper reliably in summer but it all still needs cutting to length and splitting then dry storing for next season.

Sorry, I havn;t made things as clear as i should have done.

the wood is already felled and has been sitting in stacks for a few years next to some dirt roads in the woods, i can only get ot it with my tipper reliably in summer but it all still needs cutting to length and splitting then dry storing for next season.

Still alot of work for a 50:50 split

Lets get this straight, he wants 50% of the sale value of the logs....

So it would be like me paying £50 for a cubic meter of arb waste and turning it into logs and selling it for £100. But out of my £50 id have wear and tear of my saw, tractor/splitter, fuel for said splitter and saw not to mention the time it takes you to split it and store it oh and buy vented log bags at £4.50 each. So out of the £50 maybe only £35 is actual profit.