trees dying

bill

:dito:

Heavy metals, neutriant diff, etc from sewage

Nutrient defficientcy trees next to a sewege outlet..:confused1:

My guess is the sewege outlet is from septic tanks , no big deal and definatly no heavy metals, unless the residents are pouring mercury on there cornflakes or eating lead butties...:001_tongue:

I'm not disagreeing, just saying that perhaps if toxic waste is involved it'll take a little more than decomp to solve it. Soil vac perhaps if the trees are worth it.

I doubt its much more than waterlogging as Ed has already pointed out, and if its not, what harm is there in decompaction, its already been pointed out that the trees are sitting with there roots in water.

I'd be inclined to try and re-route the sewege/septic tank run off , if it hasn't been moved already , shouldn't be much of a job

If it's a sewage run off from sceptic tanks, isn't there a possibility of traces of Bleach, toilet blue, washing up liquid and all sorts of other cleaning products ??

you seem to put a lot of stuff down yours dean whats the washing up liquid for

Sorry Lee, obviously know more about water etc than me :001_smile:

Just out of interest sewage sludge will contain trace element, organics, bacteria and viruses to name a few. Treatment by such as anerobic digestion helps to deal with this. It will also contain high levels of many neutiants required by trees, but often at levels which will effectively cause an overdose, even if the site was not waterlogged many neuriants will become unavailable to the tree, effectively through overfeeding.

Richard (HNC Water Science. Dist.)

Sorry Lee, obviously know more about water etc than me :001_smile:

Just out of interest sewage sludge will contain trace element, organics, bacteria and viruses to name a few. Treatment by such as anerobic digestion helps to deal with this. It will also contain high levels of many neutiants required by trees, but often at levels which will effectively cause an overdose, even if the site was not waterlogged many neuriants will become unavailable to the tree, effectively through overfeeding.

Richard (HNC Water Science. Dist.)

Not trying to sound like a smart ass, but yes I knew the above, you said deficientcy I said not..:sneaky2:

Overfeeding [strictly speaking fertiliser isn't food they are nutrients, photosynthesis makes food ie starches and suger, but i'll let you off that one lol :001_tongue:] I 've already ruled out fertiliser burn, highly unlikely as fert burn is usualy associated with chemical ferts, not organic as this would be.

Good to have a water expert on the forum though, I have a question, when out in Oz a guy I spoke too sold septic tanks , he said the water run off was virtualy pure, you could even drink it he said, what do you recon? how pure is septic tank water run off ? I have been lots of times its very clean/pure