Hydraulic modification on an MF 35x

rowan lee

Thanks mate, i'm a slow ass typer as well. One question mate - lets say i set up that system you have suggested in the tractor cab. so i plug in my (new) top link hydraulic ram - everything is cool.

Now i plug in my splitter to the other spool valve in the tractor cab - only this splitter also has its own spool valve as well. Presumibly i can't have the spool valve in the tractor on constant unless someone else is there holding that lever on all the time?

Would i be right in thinking that in this instance, i would have to forget about running the top link hydraulic ram, and unplug my on-board tractor spool valve setup, and plug in my splitter spool valve set up instead - in others words is spool valve to spool valve operation impossible?

Thanks for offering the drawing btw. Don't worry though, i think i get it.:thumbup1:

As is mentioned above, some spools can be ordered with a detent that holds them in one direction or the other, or you can make a little clip that holds it on constantly. Failing that, baler twine...

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

your top link ismore than likley a double acting ramand as such will need both ports on the spool block

the spool blocks can be supplied with a detent which will hold the valve in one direction or the other under flow

Ok, but the system craft weasle suggested consisted of a twin lever spool valve, with x4 inputs for more then one implement at a time.

Can i plug a double acting ram with its own spool valve lever into a spool valve lever setup with detent then? If so does it matter what direction the flow is set?

Thanks for your patience, slowly getting my head round all the limitations here.:thumbup1:

Ok, but the system craft weasle suggested consisted of a twin lever spool valve, with x4 inputs for more then one implement at a time.

Can i plug a double acting ram with its own spool valve lever into a spool valve lever setup with detent then? If so does it matter what direction the flow is set?

Thanks for your patience, slowly getting my head round all the limitations here.:thumbup1:

Yes and yes

hi rowan. you can feed splitter through tractor spool by tying lever in position (some valves have levers that can hold on by themselves) the oil will stay cooler if you run the return from the splitter directly to the oil resevoir/back end

Keep us informed how it goes:thumbup:

I will mate, thanks again.

Yes and yes

Thanks again treequip

hi rowan. you can feed splitter through tractor spool by tying lever in position (some valves have levers that can hold on by themselves) the oil will stay cooler if you run the return from the splitter directly to the oil resevoir/back end

:thumbup1: I'll have a look around for spool valve that has a locking position then and price against a standard.

All you need is a return for the oil.There should be a plug with an allen key socket on the hydraulic cover located just infront of the right hand lift arm.Remove plug and replace with a female 1/2" quick release coupling and job done:thumbup:

Checked my 165 this afternoon and the return port is on the left hand side under the seat infront of the lift arm.If your 35x doesn't have one you'll have to use the transmission oil filler cap as previously mentioned.:001_rolleyes:

Checked my 165 this afternoon and the return port is on the left hand side under the seat infront of the lift arm.If your 35x doesn't have one you'll have to use the transmission oil filler cap as previously mentioned.:001_rolleyes:

Sorted thanks for checking - I have a feeling the S/A valve already on the tractor photographed in my original post is piped from there, well its definately piped from the lhs anyways, just under the tin seat. will check and clarify with local mechanic sometime soon. Currently the tractor is 120 odd miles away. Most check at the weekend when im home.